Is This True?

S

Slide

I was talking to a friend of mine last night who works for the state of Ca. and she told me that when they passed the law banning the use of dogs on bears, they also snuck in a law that reads the following. Any dog that is used to hunt mammals must be licensed to hunt mammals and have a chip placed in the dog.

Has anyone else heard this?

I'M NOT STARTING A RUMOR OR AN ARGUMENT, I JUST WAS WONDERING IF THIS IS TRUE.

Thank you,

Slide

LAST EDITED ON Nov-09-12 AT 03:57PM (MST)[p]Yes its true.... where have you guys been. Governor Brown signed SB1221 last month. No more using hounds to pursue bears and bobcats in Ca. Goes in to effect next year. Stand by.... we'll be losing hunting priveledges faster then we can keep track of... Ed F

http://community.webshots.com/user/bowuntr

You might want to read first Ed.....he asked about a particular adder to it....not the ban itself...

He asked, " Any dog that is used to hunt mammals must be licensed to hunt mammals and have a chip placed in the dog."

I never read about that anywhere! Could be but doesn't seem right, don't know for sure!

Joey

"It's all about knowing what your firearms practical limitations are and combining that with your own personal limitations!"

I had heard the law was passed that ONLY ONE DOG can be used to hunt bear in Cali.

Steve
Hell, it's bigger than anything BESS has killed.

Thank you for replying to my post. I'm PRAYING this is not true and just people talking, this state is getting to be a joke and OUR sport a rich mans sport.

I'm as disgusted and fed up with the cost, lack of deer, politics, politicians and lack of management as the rest of you. But I have two boys who love to hunt and I'm divorced, so I have 7 more years before I can move (I WILL NOT LEAVE MY BOY'S). As soon as my youngest is 18 I'm outta of here, until then I'm trying to get enough money to take them out of state.

I'm going to stop by the local DFG offcie and speak to someone there about this, if they don't know then I will call Redding and find out what is going on. When I have an answer I will post it for those of you like me who loves to use my dog for tracking cripples and watching him work in the field.

Thank you,

Slide

I could never get my dog a license to hunt mammals. He's pretty smart, but I doubt he's smart enough to pass the hunter safety course.:)

Eel

Eel, I'm pretty sure your dog could get a driver's license. A couple of million folks that can't speak english have them in this state.

And we wonder why people go the wrong way on a one way street.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

California Guides & Outfitters

Western Wildlife Adventures

Offering some fine Blacktail Deer hunting, Wild Pig hunts, Turkey hunts and Waterfowl hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer the top private land hunts in all of California, for blacktail deer, elk, pigs, bison and turkeys.

G & J Outdoors

Offering Tule elk hunts for bulls and cows on a 17,000 acre Ranch in Laytonville, CA with 100% success.

Back
Top Bottom