Is Under Armour Worth The $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Antler1

My wife wanted to buy me some for X-mas and I talked her out of it. Those of you who have used it, is it worth the money?

My wife bought me the knock-off stuff for Christmas last year. I like it. I don't know if the real stuff is any better, but the knock off stuff is great for backpacking, especially in the heat.

Brian Latturner
MonsterMuleys.com

Hard for me to put a price tag on comfort but I have both the heat and the cold. They worked extremely well for me during a warm whitetail hunt in AZ and then in the cold high country of CO. I had the cold gear first then got the heat. The cold gear was too much for warmer weather. I did notice that when I was in full sweat, it came all the way through and my body was dry. Expensive but this was what I started with. Had just thermals before but they didn't wick out moisture, were just good for some warmth.

I got a set two years ago for Christmas. I have worn it from about 50 degrees to really cold and I love it. I finally figured things out and went to all breathable clothing. The UA stuff lets the sweat move off your skin and as long as your other layers are breathable, it will dissipate quickly. If the knockoff stuff is of similiar quality, I would definetly go with it. If not, spend the money, they are good.

I've got a set of cold gear. Not even close to worth the money imo. worn it a few times and cold and clammy is all it ever got me. Polypropylene is way better as far as I'm concerned.

I have the loose gear and the cold gear and I think it is great!Yeah it's a little steep in price, but worth it.

CABugle

There are bette prducts out there. some cost more, some cost less. My favorites are the Patagonia capilene and Lowe fleece. The REI stuff is very good too.

Beanman

I absolutely love their heat gear products. For a person like myself that sweats a lot it dries fast and is comfortable. We tried UA work shirts on our production floor and I have had zero complaints and they hold up really well for the abuse that happens in a production area. As for the warm side I like the Patagonia stuff as well. I tried Smart Wool as well and have been impressed there as well.

LAST EDITED ON Dec-12-07 AT 01:52PM (MST)[p]Thanks for the responses. I let her read them all. Hopefully she will go with the knock-off stuff if she buys it.

I use it 6 times a week for the last three years. Great stuff for running and weight lifting. Hiking all day in it is so so!

This is my opinion and mine only, yes, yes, yes and yes. I love this stuff, don't know how I got along with out it. That is all I wear when I go hunting now whether it's hot or cold I layer up with UA.

Good luck

Slide

In hot weather while hunting or hikeing, I wouldn't be with out the long sleeve Under Armour heat gear top. That is one product that really works. Wicks away the sweat so at the end of the day when the sun goes down and it's getting cold you will be dry and warm.
I don't have any cold weather UA but I swear by their heat gear 100%

I would say absolutely not worth the $$$$$$$$$. I've used both the brand name and the store brands and I don't see any negligible difference. Buy the off brand and get yourself a few sets for the price of one.

The technology is good but the name is WAY over priced.

Coon

I've never tried the knock off stuff but I have the UA cold gear and hot gear. I absolutely love it. I use all fall hunting and skiing in the winter. Works like a charm. I bought my wife some and she loves it as well as all of my kids wear it for hunting and skiing. Like the above post said, if the knock off stuff is as good (which it rarely ever is) then go with it. All I know is UA is worth every penny to me.

It's always an adventure!!!
www.awholelottabull.com

I'm another supporter of UA. I sweat like a pig, and I always wear the UA briefs for all hunts and scouting. I also like the hot gear tops, as it keeps me dry. This winter I used the cold gear, and except for the coldest days (minus 10 to minus 20) it worked well. I used a second layer of Cabela's heavy underwear when it went way below zero.

My daughter loves the cold gear for both hunting and snowboarding.

There is probably some good other knock offs on the market, but I got most of my UA on the internet at a huge discount.

Ed

478cfcf73e918195.jpg

I've tried both and couldn't tell a difference. Use them for work and hunting and they are a big help staying warm sitting or sweating. Can't stand the skin tight stuff because you have to adjust it all day. Trying Cabelas loose fitting tops and bottoms because I only got 2 winter set of the UAs

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom