javelina

majo22

LAST EDITED ON Mar-08-15 AT 09:04PM (MST)[p]Been out a few times this year and finally got on a boar.

IMG_20150307_100237_429_zpskucuzvr0.jpg

IMG_20150307_104357_208_zpsrcdiokj_edit_1425863821671_zpskjc5wlxt.jpg

IMG_20150307_114302_913_zpstnhx3pqe.jpg

Congrats on a nice boar.
What unit was this, by chance? If you don't mind me asking - you can PM me as well.

I have been looking into Javelina hunts for a couple years now but I just have no real knowledge on them or where to find them. Ran into them a while back down in unit 16 on a deer hunt. But other than that - that is all.

Are they hard to hunt?

This one was taken in unit 21. I don't think that they are hard to hunt once you have spotted them. They are blind if you keep wind right and stay quiet u can usually get very close. My best advice is to find fresh sign then get up high and glass.

I don't know how far they are up north. I have never heard of any farther than t or c but I may be wrong. I have never hunted them anywhere but in the south.

Aww okay, that seems to be the majority of where they are at based on the people I have talked too and the previous threads and archives.

Also, what type of gun are you using? Looks beastly. Kind of like an AR type.

Are the pigs hard to bring down?

its my coyote gun just an ar i built its a 223 shooting 63g bullets. they are smaller animals if you have a coyote gun it will probably work fine on a javelina.

I got a an AR as well .223.

I love the setup on yours man, looks nice.
Mine is tactical right now but I would like to be able to have some parts that I can swap for events like this haha

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom