jcmuleys in Eastman's

TheSaint

jcmuleys,

I'm pretty sure that's a picture of you and your Colorado deer in EBJ. Congrats and nice deer.

Blayne

Congrats that is a great buck! Not to steal your but thunder but another one of MM's finest made it too, "Bloomgren" also graced the pages with a sweet buck and story. Props to both of you!!!

4afddbfa2842588e.jpg

>Congrats that is a great buck!
>Not to steal your but
>thunder but another one of
>MM's finest made it too,
>"Bloomgren" also graced the pages
>with a sweet buck and
>story. Props to both of
>you!!!
>
>
>
4afddbfa2842588e.jpg

That makes three MM'ers....BOWUNTR (Ed) is also in there with his story on his Alaskan adventure........with an absolute GIANT Sitka Blacktail.

Congrats to all of you.......nice looking buck Bloomgren!

BOHNTR )))---------->

LAST EDITED ON May-08-10 AT 11:57AM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON May-08-10 AT 11:55?AM (MST)

Congrats to JCmuleys as well!

Just reading some of his posts and being on his websites gives me the impression he is a real down to earth hard working guy and its good to see all that hard work, dedication and love of the outdoors get rewarded with some exposure in a well respected magazine.

I hope that JC wins the EBJ hunt next year. I would love to see JCmuleys on the Hill Ranch chasing elk with his stick in string. I love the magazine and all it offers and dream of appearing in it myself one day, but I'd be lying if I didn't say my stomach turned a bit when I watched them give the first Eastmans BOWHUNTING Journal hunt winner a rifle and then watched him smoke a rutting bull at 200 or so yard with it in September.

I am exclusively a bowhunter and I have nothing against rifle hunters and I'm all for supporting all the outdoor sportsmen and standing together for our sport. I realize it was a legal hunt and his choice and that's great, but I subscribe to EBJ only not the regular EHJ simply because I seek out other bowhunters and bowhunting info. I enjoy reading other bowhunters stories and would love to see JCmuleys hunting on the show with his bow, but to see a guy get pulled out of the hat of a bowhunting magazine and shoot a rutting bull at 200 yards with a rifle was a turn off. Would Bowhunter Magazine do that with a hunt giveaway?

Maybe I'm over analyzing the details, but I wanted to get that off my chest for a couple months now and seeing JCmuleys in magazine felt great and brought that EBJ first annual hunt with the rifle come bubbling up. In closing, it is a great magazine and I still subscribe and enjoy it, it just made my head spin.

way to go! i really like the velvet and mass on the buck. congrats to you!

Nice job by all, You guys took some sweet animals.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".

Great archery buck!

Just out of curiosity were you carrying a pistol? There aren't any grizzlies in Colorado are there?

There's some folks who think grizzlies still roam the San Juan's, though no grizzly has been confirmed there since 1979, and people have been actively looking. There's a book by David Petersen called "Ghost Grizzlies", you can read all about it.

Yes, there is at least one I am aware of in an area that most probably would not expect. A long time rancher and guide (born and raised in Colorado who hunted bear when baiting was allowed) saw it and a client also saw it in different days in the same area. The client came back to camp and said 'I could swear that the bear I saw was a grizzly', ha.. This was about early 90s? It was not seen again after that rifle season. The guide actually shot at it with a 300 Win Mag as the bear was behind a fallen tree. He beleives a branch deflected the bullet and that is why he missed. He said the bear had a big hump on its back. My guess it came down from Wyoming.

You don't have to beleive me if you don't want to. My Grandfather told me and knows the man well.

Also, had an uncle hunting in the 60s (he was early 20s I beleive) had killed a bull with a recurve and came back to get the meat out. He saw a bear on the bull that made his hair stand up on the back of his neck. He backed out and got the heck out of there and never came back... He doesn't joke about it and is dead serious, I beleive him also.

So, that is my two bear stories (other than black bears).

We don't always know everything going on out there and the media doesn't know everything either!

Someday one will get killed...

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom