Jemez Pueblo wants Valles Caldera Preserve

LAST EDITED ON Jan-14-13 AT 12:12PM (MST)[p]This is an absolutely ridiculous request. They get enough hand outs as it is.

your right but our dumb politicians play right into the "sacred" entitlement crap.

same mentality as giving drivers licences to illegals sorta.

So I assume the Jemez tribe will cough up about $350 million bucks to put back into the tax coffer for the transfer .. after all, the VC was purchased w/ our tax dollars at fair market value back in year 2000.

Now I know that it may not be politically correct and I'm not out to hurt anybody's feelings, but let me share a little story:

Mid-1980's, I was was about 12 years old, tagging along with my dad on a deer hunt in the Jemez mountains...back when deer tags were over-the-counter. We came across a couple of Jemez tribal members in a broke down truck full of fire wood. My dad is a fairly resourceful mechanic so he offered to help out.

So, while dad and the driver were working on the truck my younger brother and I decided to hit up the passenger for some insider info on the potential whereabouts of some deer...while he sat around enjoying his Coors Light. His eyes lit up as he talked about all the deers he shoots weekly with his "22 magnum" and hauls back home under the wood pile. Then he spoke of the 6x6 bull elk he shot just the other day with his 22 magnum: "It don't die when I shoot it, but it dead now...lead poisonin'."

On the other side of the coin, we were camped out next to a couple of Native American hunters (not sure if they were from the Jemez or not). One was well educated, I believe he was a lawyer even. The other was a fire fighter that spoke little English. They were very friendly and invited us to join them at their fire. The fire fighter definitely impressed us with his skills as he had a thing for burning juniper wood. There's an old joke comparing an Indian's fire to a white man's, but this guy proved that to be false. The other thing that stood out about these two is that they did not drink.

Wow is all I have to say!!!!!!!Ok the white has not beeen so good but you lost get over it!!!!!!!!!!!!! Stick and string VS a rifle yeah I know you lost!!! Get over it you will NOT reclaim we won plain and simple worry bot Obama!!!!!

They can go after the Mex. Gov. if they want to be compensated,but from US,NO WAY! I am getting real tired of this entitlement stuff here. Hell one of the reasons I moved here was after going to the VC,and I gave up trying to draw it. Still like going tho....

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom