Jr's turkey

nmtaxi

Very Active Member
Just a few weeks after passing hunter education, my son had his first successful hunt. Nothing I have ever experienced in my hunting life can compare to watching my son take his first turkey. It's just a jake with a 3" beard, but neither one of us could be any more proud.
danjrsturkey.jpg

Oh, and I got one, also (7.5" beard)
dansrsturkey.jpg

OUTSTANDING!!!!! Sincere congrats to your boy!

My oldest just turned 10 and completed Hunter Ed in January. We're going on his first turkey hunt here in AZ this weekend, and I can't wait!

Thanks for posting the pic! Keep your fingers crossed for my little one this weekend please. ;-)

S.

:)

LAST EDITED ON Apr-18-05 AT 01:02PM (MST)[p]awesome!
Like others have stated before, lots of times the best trophies are not necessarily the biggest or most beautiful ones.

Jr's been going on hunts with me since he was 3 years old, and I couldn't wait to get a gun in his hand. The gobbler I shot was on opening morning, and we just couldn't bring him into range of my boy's 20 ga., so I went ahead and took it. It was kind of a let down, actually. When my son finally got his bird, we hugged and high fived and did a victory dance all over the mountain. It was the biggest thrill of my life. I can't wait to see what hunts he draws for the fall.

Congrats to the young jake on his first jake. Congrats to you as well on a very nice bird, looks like you two had a great hunt.

AntlerQuest Hunt Consulting

For those that have never had the thrill of watching thier son or daughter take that first animal they have no idea what they are missing. And for those of us who have been so blessed, we know what the true sport of hunting has to offer.
Guy

Congrats to Jr and you. Guess you spent today with some Borax in hand so you can remember that moment every time you look on the wall.

Doug~Red Rabbit

That is awesome. And great pictures.

Stanley, what unit did your son draw? And good luck to him. I will be up in unit 23. Not hunting but at least looking.

Well AZbowhntr we might run into you because we're hunting turkeys in 23. ;-) We both have tags, and will be heading-up right after he gets out of school tomorrow.

I'm still a bit of a novice myself, but a couple of buddies who have lots of experience are coming along to call for us. We'll be in the general vicinity of Young.

If you see a white Yukon XL with a coleman pop-up, be sure to say hello!

S.

Tell him congrats! Congrats to you also dad. I am still looking for my Tom this year.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom