just found out we drew a tag

H

horsesense

It looks like the results are in for the general NR combo license. We drew a tag for deer and elk. We are planning on hunting around the Glasow area again this year (we had a great hunt in 2007) a couple of questions:

How far away is it to elk hunting from Glaskow?

Any suggestions about a less expesnive way to transport any meat were are lucky enough to bag while there. We shipped our deer(3) via fed Ex last time and this was the most expensive part of the trip. The meat was great but just looking for a less expensive option.

Thanks for all your help with the last hunt

Keith

we put in for just deer and it still says "draw is pending" this sucks I wonder how quick we wll find out, good luck and have fun

We just found out that we went 5 for 5 successful for the landowner sponsored deer. This made my day, month, and year!

Smokepoler63

horsesense,

those of us who live here may blockade the town if you don't learn how to spell it's name correctly: It is Glasgow, just like the city in Scotland.

You can get to general elk hunting units in about 4 to 5 hours. Depends on how serious you are about elk hunting though as to where to go to have the best chance at getting one.

Nemont

I drew a deer combo this year!!
I'll be in Jordan the second week of November. Man, I love that place.

We got a combo deer also and we are going to try to combo up with antelope, driving from PHX,AZ to Chinook,MT CAN'T WAIT

I drew the big game combo with 1 point, what points if any did you guys have-Hatrick

Thanks Nemont. It won't happen again. Glasgow. We are hoping to have as good a hunt as we did in 07 (3 for three). The local people were the nicest and friendliest people that I could have imagined. It seeemd everyoine was truly glad to have us there. Many of the farmers/ranchers we came in contact with were all to happy for us to try to fill our tag on their land as they said they were overun with deer. I have a greater respect for those of you who choose to live in such a rugged part of our country.

Keith

Keith,

The deer herds came throught this rough winter in fairly good shape. Some winterkill did take place though. If you want to really be well liked buy up some of the OTC doe tags that are available and do your part to reduce the deer herds.

Hope you have a good hunt while you are here and if you want to take a day off and shoot a few birds let me know.

Nemont

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Montana Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Mule deer, whitetail, antelope, buffalo, and prairie dogs on private ranch leases totaling about 100,000 acres.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail and antelope and manage our ranches for top quality.

Vargo Hunting

Top quality bear, antelope and free range bison hunts on the Crow Indian Res. Turkey and cougar as well.

Back
Top Bottom