Kiabab Reports?

Just got back and boneless, no deer for you.
We hunted the canyons both east and west and no luck.
I jumped two small bucks in a canyon, but no shot to fast.
We tried tree stands in the canyons as well with no luck.
They were only moving at dark. That's when we saw some nice bucks.

Well I don't know numbers but more than you can shake a stick at. Just like any other year up there. The deer just keep getting smarter every year, they are well schooled.

Okay for those of us that did not get to go this year, surely there are some stories to be told. Bucks you shot or heard about being shot? Funny incidents? come on give us something to reflect on.

We only spent 3 days up there and saw forks and spikes and lots of does and yearlings during the day. Water everywhere so the deer were not focused and hunting was more challenging! In our particlar spot we did see a possible P & Y buck and another nice 4x4 (couldn't get close enough!). Saw 2 bachelor herds with forks and spikes. Our archery hunt coincides with the cow bison hunt which means lots of traffic. Don't know for sure, but I heard that there weren't as many archery hunters as last year. Didn't get anything myself(except a grouse), I'm still figuring out the area and hunting techniques.

Bucksnort and I went to the Kaibab after we got done with our Colorado Muzz hunt. We did well in Colorado with three bucks in three days, one 21 3/4 inch 4x4 and two forkeys. We didn't hunt the Kaibab, but tried to help my wife muleyqueen and bucksnorts dad get their deer. My wife struck out but Bucksnorts dad killed his first buck ever after hunting for 39 years. I guess you can say he had a bad run of luck. We figured that that deer was worth more than $1000 per pound after 39 years of misfortune. My dad was over there for the whole season and saw lots of bucks the first week but we saw very few the second. My dad got a nice 24" 4x3 and another guy in our camp got a 22" 5x3.

Muledeernut

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom