KILO'S GOAT

What state and what kind of goat? Damn I want to see lots of mass on lots of length!

He did....lesgo is lost......and he shot low...hit the wrong one

great post/pic, thanks for sharing

JB
497fc2397b939f19.jpg

LAST EDITED ON Aug-26-09 AT 10:27PM (MST)[p]Egads! if Kilo does not kill a book lope, he is in for a long hard razzing from this group. The pressure on him is reaching such high levels, I hope he does not blow the shot.
Kilo if you are out there, do not blow the shot, and if you do, do not admit it to these guys!!!

RELH

KTC;

I told Kilo about the picture you sent me of that great lope you got with you holding the custom knife between the horns. I made Kilo a knife and told him I wanted a photo of his lope and the knife and he would have to get a real good one to beat yours.

In his reply, the first sentence he wrote was, "how big was KTC's lope". I told him that he would have to get one that scores in the book to beat you.

You may not have known it, but you and Kilo are in a competition of who gets the biggest lope. That boy has a load of pressure on him right about now.

RELH

LAST EDITED ON Aug-27-09 AT 11:03AM (MST)[p]RELH,

That was a great hunt and a decent goat with the knife. However, I raised the bar on you guys. Only problem is I forgot the knife in the photo. Will have to go look and make sure. Go to the NM Forum and you will see what I am talking about!;-)

Sorry RELH. The knife is not in any photos. However, it is right there just out of the pics.:-(

KTC;

I just finished looking at the photos. Two great animals. I hope you have tall ceilings in your house. You will need it for those mounts.

You just put the pressure on Kilo big time. He may use that knife to gut both of us after this hunting season. I hope he does not start nuking our posts as a way to get even with us.

RELH

I can assure you your knife gutted and skinned them all!

Thanks RELH. I hope kilo out does me. That would be okay by me!:)

kilo,

Dont do that to me! I dont win anything. Did you have a fun hunt and get a good goat? Lets see him!

Yep! photos would be nice. Hope you had fun hunting lopes. They can become addictive. If you still have that Wy. tag left, you have a very good chance of getting a great lope there depending on the area you drew.

RELH

LAST EDITED ON Aug-28-09 AT 06:41PM (MST)[p]Kilo did not convince the rancher that it is nearly impossible to tell the difference between a buck lope and a hereford in the early morning light. Or a slow moving elk too!!!

2nis8lh.jpg

Hell that can't be a cow it don't have cow wrote on it's side in white paint, so it has to be a lope.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".

>Kilo did not convince the rancher
>that is nearly impossible to
>tell the difference between a
>buck lope and a hereford
>in the early morning light.
>
>
>
2nis8lh.jpg

That's not a hereford.. That's what we call "slow movin' elk"..
Right?

LAST EDITED ON Aug-28-09 AT 07:49PM (MST)[p]kilo,

I hope you smoke a 85+ in Wyoming, but lets see the first one!?!?

BTW, I wanna see the knife also! Bet yours dont look as good as mine, cuz mine is sharp (no pun intended)!;-)

LAST EDITED ON Aug-30-09 AT 03:31PM (MST)[p]ktc,
Well my Nevada Lope hunt was not what I had hoped for with all the hype that D13er had me convinced too with his friend. But not complaining but was over too quick and I will let it go at that and not beech too much, hunts will not always go the way one hopes it will.
This should be in the Antelope Forum but I will leave it here unless Founder wants to moved it.
Brian
P.S. SLAMDUNKPUNK.....maybe I should have changed hats. LOL

4a9aec567560287c.jpg

4a9aec7375f8e7e7.jpg

4a9aeca7771192a4.jpg

Now for RELH & ktc....
4a9aee0603276359.jpg

Robert... that is a nice handling knife and just right for skinning and left some blood on it for your pleasure.
Ty...it is still sharp and waiting to be used again in two months in WYO....maybe I can beat your score yet....but on my decisions and not my buddy telling me which one to shoot...LOL

This last picture is out of distortion when I resized it, not sure why it is happening like this on the verticle pictures.
Brian

Brian, that's not a bad 'lope! Not what you were hoping for I know, but sure a pretty animal. They are all special! You should be proud of the way you take care of the meat. Very clean job!

That's sure a beautiful knife. I can tell it's perfect for skinning. What kind of wood is that?

Eel

Nothing wrong with that goat! Looks like quite the set up for skinning. I like the knife also. I know I enjoy mine.

Let us know how Wyoming goes. Hope you kill another nice goat!

Congrats kilo...When should I come by for dinner? :)

Sweet looking knife RELH...One of these days I'll put in an order for one...

Kilo, I have done that before to pics...When you resize a verticle pic you have to resize the height not the width..

horsepoop.gif

Disclaimer:
The poster does not take any responsibility for any hurt or bad feelings. Reading threads poses inherent risks. The poster would like to remind readers to make sure they have a functional sense of humor before they visit any discussion board.

Tried that setup on an elk half one time. It worked great for about 30 seconds. I will see if I can dig up the pictures. Looks kinda like a giant horse shoe now.

Nice goat Brian. I really like the hat. Evidently you have to know somebody to get one of those.

It's always an adventure!!!
www.awholelottabull.com

Kilo;

That is a good lope. good size body on that one, should give you some very good eating. Be glad I am not living closer to you or I would be over for dinner when you cook those backstraps.

That is the way I like to see my knives used, in the field and not just displayed in a cabinet. You will have a ball in Wyoming. You will see far more antelope and will have a tough time on some if you should shoot or pass and try for a bigger one.

Eel, the wood in that model #2 drop point will be dear to your heart due to where you live. It is stabilized lace redwood burl that I buy from a small wood shop located in Ft. Bragg, CA. The guy has some of the best lace redwood I have seen. The bolster wood is stabilized maple burl that I get from Oregon.

KTC, why have we not seen any photos of any game your wife or daughter have harvested. I was hoping one of them would out do you this year so we could razz the heck out of you. Jef's boy has already got his buck. At lease I hope it was his buck as the picture Jef sent me showed the youngster dragging it off the hill side.

If this keeps up, there may be a few inviting ourselfs to a cookout at Kilo's home. I do not know if his wife could stand the bunch of us.

Good hunting Kilo, and may it be fun for you.

RELH

Thanks guys for your thoughts.

Snort...Dinner anytime for MY FRIENDS.

AWLB....I have another piece of metal brace that can be slipped on at the bottome for support of heavy loads, just don't need it for Lope or Deer. The top arm that is out over the load should not bend due to the way my "mechanical" friend in NM makes things. He said it would hold up 500 pounds.

Fatrooster..Hope to see you in Oct on the way to WYO or on the way home from WYO...I will give you a call.

OVERTON..For you I will make a change and pay, just let me know when.

RELH....Bob...one shot with the 25.06 shooting 117gr. Sierra Game King bullets at 250-270 yards and dropped him in his tracks, right through the lower neck area....NO MEAT LOST.
And no exit hole either...right into the neck bone.

Brian

RELH,

You gotta give me a little time! Its early still. Oh, give me 3 weeks and the girls will have something for you.:)

Kilo, that was a great shot. Proves you are more meat hunter then trophy like me. I guess that 25-06 will not be a gun safe queen.

KTC, alright I will give you more time. You just make sure you guide them to some good animals.

RELH

Kilo, loved your movable tree :) Are there models that come complete with shade? :)

Maybe not a Monster but a Nice one! Glad you shared the pic's with us, definitely not the little guy i was starting to expect.

RELH, One of your knives are fast becoming something that i might like to have. Well, i know i'd like to have one... it's paying what's it's worth being the only cause for delay. Nice!!

Joey

sage,

Have RELH send you a photo of mine. It is/was one of a kind. I think it is about as good looking as they come. I do like kilo's pins in his handle, but mine look good also. He also gifted my daughter with a very nice knife. Very nice of him and I wont ever forget that and neither will she.

Kilo.... great looking antelope. I also like the knife, good sturdy build with functional design. Looks like you could skin an elephant with that one. Go kill a bigger one in WY, but more important ...have fun. If you pass thru the Cody area give me a call. 307-250-0056.

from the "Heartland of Wyoming"

Kilo, very very nice! That looks like a fun hunt and I like your set up with skinning them!

buck1.gif

Later, Brandon

I think that was the gayest looking hat I've every seen! lol

4a1df3ee0ef8dc53.jpg

silly liberals, paychecks are for workers!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom