Kiowa Creek Ranching For Wildlife

G

gnatboy911

Hey guys,

What are your feelings on the Kiowa Creek Ranching for Wildlife deal? My dad put in with 15 points this past year and didn't draw. Is he wasting his time? Are there bucks on that property worth that? They have a website that they show some of the bucks killed and there was nothing too impressive, especially not if your going to spend that many points on it.

We can't wait to get out of this points game...seems like every year it takes one more....but that's a whole other discussion!!

here is the website for Kiowa Creek Outfitters

http://www.huntkiowacreek.com/index.html

thanks for any information you guys know about this place.

Gnatboy911

Just looked at the site, some nice bucks but if I was gonna burn 15 pnts up I would want to hunt an area that is not hunted every season by an outfitter. Just looks like way too many bucks being killed there for there to be any quality. Not sure if its the same way but I have done some survey work on Kessler Canyon RFW and there are some great bucks up there. It takes 12 points to draw. Just my imput.

4afddbfa2842588e.jpg

Kiowa Creek Outfitters IS NOT the ranching for wildlife. They are an outfitter in the same unit. The RFW is Bijou Springs, and is run by Tri-State Outfitters. Yes, there are bucks worth the 15 points on those properties.

Hey Sean,

Not that my contact info is correct - it's actually Jon, but I met you out at Simla at Donny's place one year. The year that the basement of the farm house filled with water!

Anyway, according to the DOW website, they are now calling Bijou Springs - Kiowa Creek.

>So, where you on top or
>bottom and what time of
>year?
Up top in late summer but the deer should still be up there in october as long as it doesn't get pounded with snow.

4afddbfa2842588e.jpg

Thanks Jon for setting me straight. Not sure why they would have changed their name. No wonder people are confused.

Zekers,

thanks so much for the info i really appreciate it...i'll do some research on the Tri-State Outfitters to see what kind of bucks they have on the property.

Gnatboy911

hey guys, which one of you is from Simla? a good friend of mine is from Rush. Killed my antelope at his place this year and did some dove huntin too. A real good friend of his dad's is a guy named Donny from Simla. didn't know if there was a connection there or not.

gnatboy911

So you were up on Skinner Ridge between Brush creek and Clear creek then?

It was good buck country along time ago. Maybe they are coming back. Did you see a lot of bucks? Used to be the bucks get hard to find after opening weekend. Better hunting on the bottom/sides later in the year. Some of my favorite country, but almost all private.

Yep, that is the way it is. I am not sure how much they own as far as surface rights. I know that it is great buck county, especially in the summer.

I think up the ridge aways there is someone doing some outfitting. Sometimes the outfitters will hunt the Chevron land if it surrounds their own.

Oh well, I have given up hope of hunting some of those areas around DeBeque.

Gnatboy911

My property borders Bijou Springs RFW. I look at 32,000 acres of it off of my deck. There are some great bucks walking around.
All I can do is watch them.
Most of us around here don't care for TR-State outfitters. They lease most of the land in the area, the guides come up from Texas. I watch them driving around "hunting". There is a large "High Fence" elk herd if you got the cash. But I wish I had 16 points to access it.

Steve

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom