knife advertisment

carterj16

I see the new knife by outdoor edge being given away on the front page.
I made a post last year about this knife being the best thing out there and kills the havalon in every way. give it a try and you will love it. I wish I thought about it because it fixed everything wrong with the havalon (hard to get the blade in/out, and the blades break to easily)

LAST EDITED ON Mar-07-14 AT 03:51PM (MST)[p]they look pretty sweet but the blades are a whole lot more expensive than Havalons and once you use the Havalon you just dont break many blades after a while. To me i will deal with getting the blade off a little more, but i think it looks like a great product.

Travis

LAST EDITED ON Mar-07-14 AT 05:55PM (MST)[p]I'm not to fond of those Havalons, just to much can go wrong when changing the blade, I tossed mine in a draw with the 100 extra blades I ordered, most likely that's where it's gonna stay.
That outdoor edge knife looks like a sweet set up, thought about getting one but doubt I will, just got to many good quality hunting knives of my dads and grandfathers not to use em..

I love my havalon knife. Broke two blades the first two times I've used it. I got use to using it and have never broke another blade after that

I know how to sharpen a knife, but prefer havalon, there just easy and convenient for me.

I will probably try out the outdoor edge this coming season.

Goat

I loved using my havalon foe the couple years I used it. I tried the outdoor edge last year and really loved it because you cant break the blades, safer to use and still really sharp

There is nothing like a quality knife. The Havalon is sharp but by no means a quality knife. If you need to cut threw bone, no way. Even cutting threw the rib cages area to open up the brisket. Its ok for capeing . But a good quality knife can do everything.

If you ever have to break down 3 or 5 Bull Elk in a couple day span, you'll appreciate not having to sharpen a blade. Like has been mentioned already, a little practice with the Havalon and you won't break many blades. I love mine, and am not looking to replace it any time soon.

2a0fcsk.gif

LAST EDITED ON Mar-12-14 AT 07:11PM (MST)[p]I agree with the positive Havalon comments. I also carry a little Micro Squirt Leatherman to handle the blade changes.

For me the Havalon is all about lightweight! I replaced all of my dads/grandpas lead weight knives with the Havalon! Last year I did two bull elk with nothing but the Havalon, including getting through the vertebrae and knee joints. I do carry a light weight Gerber folder for a backup, but haven't broken it out in years.

}}-SLIVER-->

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom