Kuiu 2012 pack frame issue

J

jerkee

Recently Kuiu had their 25% off Black Friday sale. I took that opportunity to purchase the frame and an Icon 3000 bag. I haven't had much of a chance to test the pack other than a small hike over the weekend. The frame is fairly comfortable and the pack itself has a great design.

With that said a recent drop in temps may have uncovered a problem. Last night I left the pack in my truck and the lows got down into the 20's. This morning the waist belt was "frozen" stiff. Not literally frozen but it was hard to the touch and wouldn't bend easily. This clearly would be a problem on late season hunts. I haven't had a chance to contact Kuiu yet but I am curious if others have had this same issue...

No experience with Kuiu packs but wouldn't it thaw out and be flexible again in less than 5 minutes of body heat while wearing it?

horsepoop.gif

Disclaimer:
The poster does not take any responsibility for any hurt or bad feelings. Reading threads poses inherent risks. The poster would like to remind readers to make sure they have a functional sense of humor before they visit any discussion board.

Yes I'm guessing the belt would likely thaw but one better hope the belt was in the proper shape when it got hard. In this instance one side was slightly twisted and unless you had some seriously crooked hips you wouldn't be able to put it on.

LAST EDITED ON Dec-21-12 AT 11:23AM (MST)[p]No not at all. I also posted this on the Kuiu forum and it appears that the memory foam used in the belt might be the cause. However, other guys that have experienced said that it will soften back up like Buck Snort suggested.

sounds like you got screwed. twist my arm and buy it for half of what you paid:) just tryin' to help a fellow mm member out.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom