Kuiu Raingear

H

HuntAddiction

I'm heading to Canada for me Dall Sheep hunt in August. I spent some time looking at Kuiu's booth at the Expo over the weekend. I was wondering if anyone has experience with Kuiu's raingear during rough hunting conditions. How well does it hold up? Is it worth the price tag?

Any experience or opinions are very welcome.

Thanx MMers.

I personally love my Chugach gear. I have used them on several whitetail hunts in Northern Idaho, cat and muley hunting in Southern Idaho, and a Desert Sheep hunt north of Vegas in December. With quite abit of use I have only had a few holes in the seat mostly from that wonderfully abbrasive rocks in NV. Hope they reinforce that with the future. I called Kuiu and they directed me to a sew house in Seatle, they told me use your standard Goretex patch, so I recomend throwing a kit in your pack anyway. Pit zips in the jacket are the only way to go. It was well worth the $ I spent, I havent used anything better. Greg

While I don't have any experience with KUIU gear I can almost guarantee you will have rain on your hunt, so don't skimp on good gear. We used Sitka rain gear on our NWT hunt and it was great.
I was impressed with the KUIU pitch at the Full Curl event and since he used to be with Sitka, I am guessing it is as good or better. (I am not a big fan of their camo pattern)

I used KUIU chugach on a VERY WET moose and caribou hunt in Newfoundland and it worked great. Kept really dry and it seems to breath pretty well. I will be using it on a Goat and brown bear hunt in SE Alaska this sept

I like mine. Works well.
Only neg would be that it is a bit "frail". If you are rough on it, you'll be patching holes.

------------------
DRSS

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom