Last years Stats

Yea they are better! Id rather still be living in Cali and be guaranteed an A-Zone tag every year so I can hunt...... The only plus of living there.

BeDawg, as they should be. that's pretty much how every state works. about 10% of the tags are supposed to go to non resis, the rest in state. it doesn't always work that way but for the most part yes, and that is how it should be.

The real odds are much worse than that link shows, those are just the first choice applicants, there are 5 choices.
Think about it a little.

Piper, where did you find out about the draw odds only posting first choices?
Applicants draw with their 2nd through 5th choices as well and those results are posted to the successful draw odds results. They wouldn't just post the successful results from the 1st through 5th apps, but only add the 1st choice applicant in the unsuccessful results. If they do, my draw odds just got alot worse.

Halface,
Good news and bad news. The good news is your draw odds have not gotten worse. They are as they always were. The bad news is
you thought they were better than they really were.
Piper is right. The stats are deceiving. Unlike Utah that looks at everyones 1st choice before moving to 2nd choice, Nevada will look at all of an applicants choices 1-5 before moving on to the next applicant in line. So, those 1st choice applicant numbers will tell you the popularity of certain areas but not how many listed it as a choice. For instance, desert sheep,
I'll bet many many applicants will put 253, 252, 263, and 268 as
choices on their application, but you only see whatever they put first. If you put one or more of those same areas, your competing against all of them for that same area.

What NVdrhntr said is correct.

However, I think that most apps. that are lucky enough to have their number come up, its usually the first choice that gets drawn.

Thanks for the replys guys. I was so eager to do the math and see what my draw odds are that I never read the print on the bottom. That definitely makes it a little more difficult figuring what our chances are. I guess ill plan on NOT drawing my NV tag this year as I previously was hoping to do! Lol (I was dreamin' anyway even before I learned of this.)

Nevada Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Big Bucks & Bulls Timberline Outfitters Guide Service

Customized and high quality eastern Nevada trophy hunts for mule deer, elk and antelope.

Western Wildlife Adventures

We offer some excellent mule deer and elk hunts in northeast Nevada.

Currant Creek Outfitters

Nevada, big bucks and big bulls! We hunt for quality not quantity.

Nevada Outfitters & Guides Association

Find guides and outfitters for mule deer, elk, sheep, chuckar, fishing, & more!

SilverGrand Outfitters

Successfully guiding in Nevada for many years. Mule deer, elk, antelope and bighorn sheep hunts.

Hidden Lake Outfitters

Specializing in trophy mule deer hunts along with elk, mountain goat, antelope and mountain lion.

G&J Outdoors

Full time outfitter with 20+ years hunting mule deer, sheep, elk, antelope, lion and chukar.

Mountain Man Outfitters

Offering world class mule deer hunts in some of the most productive units in Nevada.

Nevada High Desert Outfitters

Rocky mountain goats, desert, rocky and california bighorn, mule deer, antelope and elk hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

If you want an unguided hunt but can't draw your tags, you need to call us.

White River Guide Service

50 years of guiding experience! Mule deer, elk, sheep and cougar.

Back
Top Bottom