late season hunts

M

MTquiver

I typically hunt a late season bow hunt in Idaho but they sold out for the first time in 11 years. I was wondering if anyone knows of any other quality late hunts with a bow in any state surrounding Utah. I don't mind buying a land owner permit or an over the counter tag. I just want something to hunt!!! I did find a late bow hunt in New Mexico from Jan1-15 but the area I wanted to hunt is a bit far away. Any input would be appreciated. I just want to stretch my season out a little bit longer if at all possible. Driving to Idaho and being sent home with no tag SUCKS! It's like waking up CHristmas morning with no presents under the tree.

A desperate Bow freak

2006 Idaho tags are already on sale and sold out in some areas. Can't help you this year, but if you want to hunt Idaho it's time to get tags. Buying on line will save you the trip.

Good luck!

In Arizona we get the last two weeks in December and the whole month of January for archery deer (late season). We also get a summer hunt all with the same tag. The late season hunts are limited to specific areas, mostly the southern 1/3 of the state. Check the regs at azgfd.com for more info.

JG >>-------->

Arizona. The closest unit to you would be unit 10. Theres also, 17A and B, 15, 18A and 16a after the first of Jan. Alot of great desert hunting in 15, 16 and 18. You could come down and have a great time. If you're hunting desert, hunt foothills! The deer like to come off the hills into the flats and eat then head back up in the morning. Good luck!

Donnie

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom