Legal Idaho Inlines?

300stw

which make and models of inlines are legal in Idaho traditional rules.... any avaialble off the shelf today,,,, thanks,,,,

One of the main arguments on which muzzleloaders are legal in Idaho is over the percussion/musket cap exposer. Here are what the regs say.

Equipped with an ignition system in which any
portion of the cap is exposed or visible when
the weapon is cocked and ready to fire.

When you study this carefully, it can be intrepreted probably more ways than one. To me it says if any part of the cap is exposed to the outside elements, no matter how small the exposer hole, it would be legal. When they use the word or, between exposed and visible, it means one or the other, not necessarily both. That's my opinion.
Shayne

I wanted to bring this post back to the top. I'm also looking for an Idaho legal muzzleloader. Without "pushing " the rules, which inlines are legal? Is a guy just better off buying a Hawkin style? Any input would be appreciated. Thanks!

Don P.

Several of the older inline rifles with sliding hammers would qualify as when the hammer is pulled back (cocked) the percussion cap is visible on the nipple. Whites for instance like the 97 Whitetail Hunter, some of the older Knights I believe may have been that way (not sure how they consider the plastic carriers Knight has used). For additional information on Whites and availability PM me at [email protected].

As far as which muzzleloaders are legal? I believe what ever muzzleloader was legal before Idaho Fish and Game changed the rules and then switched back, are now legal again. The only rules that have changed are, no sabots, loose black powder or it's substitue only, and the projectile must be all lead and sized to within .01" of the barrel diameter, I think?

If you went with a traditional, like a Lyman Great Plains Hunter, you would really not be at any disadvantage in my opinion. I think they are more fun any way! I believe the thompson black diamond would also be legal again.

Thanks for the help. A friend of mine has a Modern Muzzleloading, "Black Knight", that he's interested in selling. It appears to be Idaho legal. Its in very nice shape. I'm thinking about picking it up. He told me to figure out what it is worth. I was thinking of offering him $200. I found a couple of Knight T-bolts on the net for $275. look like a good gun too.

Don P.

Does Idaho require the exposed primer when cocked?? If so the Knight might not qualify due to the plastic carrier.

Much better deal to go with the GPH, IMO. Why cheat your self out of the real deal haha.

>
>
>GP Hunter is not an inline.
>I think the original request
>was for a legal inline.
>
>
>>LAST EDITED ON May-10-08
>>AT 02:21 PM (MST)

>>
>>Ah shoot, i forgot, open breech.
>>
>>
>>$200 is way to much for
>>that model.
>>
>>I would spend a little bore
>>and just go with either
>>the great plains hunter.
>>http://www.gbofreeforums.info/ThePowerbeltForum/index.php

http://www.gbofreeforums.info/ThePowerbeltForum/index.php

I went ahead and bought the Knight yesterday. It already has a Williams peep on it. I'm going to order a better front site for it. Then I'll see how it shoots.

Don P.

I have an old 54CA Knight MK85 with an open breech using #11 percussion caps. As long as I shoot loose powder and an all lead conical, such as the Powerbelt "pure lead" series, I believe I am legal.

Also, there doesn't appear to be any restriction on fiber optic or tritium sights so I think I am OK with my Tru-Glo ghost ring and Tru-Glo front globe sight. Is this correct?

The Knight is a great shooting gun and I have been lucky enough to kill three muleys with it but you can't beat the new in-lines like the Omega for reliability, simplicity, and ease of cleaning where legal...

Horniac

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom