Leica Geovid HD BRF Rangefinder

I have a pair and love them ! The bad ...the new Swarovski and Zeiss are more then just a range finder. You can down load your ballistic info in them. I have looked threw the Zeiss in the field side by side with my Leicas and could see no difference in the glass.
I have not got my hands on the Davorskis. But they will cost you, about a grand more then the ileica's
I believe this will be the next have to have items this year.

I've been running Geovids for several years now and absolutely love em! They're pricey, but no worse than buying a top of the line binocular and a separate rangefinder (Leica, Zeiss, Swarovski). You'll hear guys say they're heavy, but again, no heavier than a good quality binocular and a separate rangefinder combined. The convenience of having both combined into one unit is priceless to me.

When you get ready to buy, contact Doug @ Cameraland. He's a board sponsor and a great guy to deal with. They also sometimes have great deals on demo Geovids.

I have a pair of zeiss the only complaints i have is the eye cups and the big ranging circle makes it hard to range animals past 500yrds outher then that love them if i could do it again prob would have gone with leica cuz of the smaller ranging circle

I had a pair of geovids fog up and fail (without abuse) on day 4 of a 12-day dall sheep hunt... I did kill a sheep with no help from the POS leupold equipment my guide used. Leica did repair the binos at no charge but it left me with ill-will with leica so as of now I have the new swaro range ordered to arrive mid march...

The led display can be adjusted for focus/brightness. BE WARNED: the non hd geovids have HORRIBLE led interference when your looking into the direction of the sun, so far I have not noticed this in the hd version my father uses...

The zeiss rf has good optics but a much weaker rangefinder, imo.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Great Deals at Camera Land

Camera Land - Optics, Cameras, & More

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics
Back
Top Bottom