Leica vs. Swarovski

brymoore

I'm looking to buy either the Leica Ultravids in 8x42 or the Swarovski ELs in 8.5x42. I'd like to here from anyone who has compared to two or own either and your thoughts. Which is brighter, better built, has the better warranty and service.

I have used both and recently purchased the Leica's. Can't go wrong with either, it is matter of which feels good for you.

PRO

I'd say one is just as good as the other and it boils down to personal preference. Swarovski is rumored to do a better job at honoring thier warranty which made me choose swaro. fatrooster.

Wish I had this problem. I don't like you can go wrong with either one. If it were me I would go with the swaros for the warranty. But that just me.

I just went through this with both and ultimately settled for Swarovski. They have excellent customer service and quality optics. Both are good, I think you reach a point with high end products that it really boils down to what your comfortable with.

I've used both a bunch. Both are great scopes and there are things I like better about both.

Optically I think the Leica has a slight advantage over the Swarovski. I think the Swarovski is more durable than the Leica, but I like the fine focus on the Leica.

One thing I can tell you for sure is that an image is better when filmed through a Leica vs. a Swarovski, especially in low light.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Great Deals at Camera Land

Camera Land - Optics, Cameras, & More

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics
Back
Top Bottom