lets see your coyote pic's

Y

yote_smoker101

lets see some yote pics how many have you smoked or whats some of your stories
ULTIMATE PREDATOR

I have a good story from saturday morning. I only have a crappy cell phone pic that I don't know how to post, but here's the story....

First stand of the day, I've killed 4 dogs from this stand, and try not to hunt it more than once every 2-3 weeks. Anyhow, set up the spitfire 30 yards down wind, I've got a cut wheat field behind me, a 220 yard wide gully in front of me with another cut wheat field across the gully. One day last year I counted 9 dogs in one group in this field. Anyhow, set the caller on lighting jack, 2 30 second plays later and I'm glassing 4 coyotes a mile to the west across the road. They hear it but they ain't coming across the road. I'm wondering if I should pack up and make a play on them.

I switch the call to male challenge scream. I'm watching the 4 across the road and not really paying attention to whats close. I put the binos down and catch movement across the gully, "oh sh!t", here comes 4 across the field, they get to the edge of the gully and hang up, looking for some action. I get the gun on one and let 'er rip, whack! dog starts spinning, rest of the pack takes off with another straggler coming up out of the gully, I get another in the scope and miss. Oh well, speeding coyote at 250-300 yards, I don't feel too bad about missing.

I pack up the stuff, hike across the gully and go looking for the dog I hit, it ran about 75 yards and died, I get almost to it and see 2 yotes from the pack just 400 yards away looking my direction. I hit the dirt and turn on the pup in distress. The big male starts barking and coming my way, so I crawl on my hands and knees about 150 yards through the stubble till the bump in the field allows me to get a shot, I flip out the bipod, get a bead, and whack! dog number 2! Sun hasn't even cleared the hill and I'm taking two yotes home! He!! yea! Saw one more, later that day I missed, oh well, went to town, cut the ears off for the bounty, and took the carcasses to a guy that gives me $10 for 'em. Pretty good day, $60 for killing deer killers.

Can't wait for saturday morning, I'll be somewhere, calling dogs and hopefully getting some more kills.

Sweet story for sure.

I have not been out yet. Heck my yote gun isnt even sighted in yet. I changed scopes. I hope to be out soon calling some yotes in. My little bro has a cow elk hunt this weekend and hopefully after he kills I can bust out the 22-250 and get me a couple dogs.

Here's a few I've called in the last few months here in CA. Nothing more exciting than calling them into bow range.

6624ca_coyote_2-11.jpg

387ca_coyote_10-11.jpg

BOHNTR )))---------->

My son smoked this dog at about 150 yards with my 22-250. It was too cold to set up and call so we just cruised around, glassed and made a couple stalks. Fun but bitter cold day on the Blackfeet reservation -7 degrees!!!
4672p1070281.jpg

LAST EDITED ON Dec-28-11 AT 12:08PM (MST)[p]knocked a couple down yesterday and had a few more groups howling at me in SW NM. was a beautiful day for calling and a muddy mess to drive in

7394photo.jpg

9626dog.jpg

I haven't been out yet. I hope to go out on the day after new-years day. Here's a pic of my bro from four years ago. They hunted for two and ahalf days and did pretty good (27 I think).

6333oyotes_27.jpg

I'll post again if were successful on Monday.

I was bobcat hunting with the dogs when my pup trashed. He chased this coyote for about 10 minutes when it crossed in front of me (I wasnt sure what he was chasing until then) it was running parralel to the road through the pines I hit it once with my 22 rifle, then it bayed up and my dog went in after it. I ran in grabbed it by the tail and threw it down the hill, it tryed to run and i hit it at about 5 yards with another 22 shot and dumped it right over. Wanted to stop the dog earlier but at the same time i didnt want one of those mangy bastards getting away.

8672xboxs_coyote.jpg

6668dental.jpg

for my own humor I propped him up on the main road in Hardscrabble so that everyone passing would try taking a shot.

4230coyote.jpg

This is from a few years back. Scouting for my colorado deer hunt 3 coyotes ran up on the hill. I ranged a knoll ahead of them at 711 yards. I dialed my turret and got ready. 2 of the dogs stopped on the knoll and looked back. they were standing one behind the other with one dog a little higher on the hill. I figured I would aim in the middle and hopefully get lucky on one of them. After the shot I looked up to see both dogs gone out of sight. I looked at my uncle wondering where they went. He said a few words that I cant say on MM. called me a lucky sob but I didnt believe it til I walked up to see for myself
The bullet hit the first yote grazing the back of the head then hit the other yote smack in the shoulder. Probably the best, luckest shot ive even made
4 days later I missed a big buck at 70 yards. LOL

959810-29-09_colorado_hunt_003.jpg

Got number 4 for the season so far. This recent cold spell has them out and about.

60361-16-11_yote.jpg

"That's a special feeling, Lloyd"

Here's a couple of my favorites...

2117076.jpg

http://www.monstermuleys.info/photos/user_photos/3880open_up_and_say_ahhh!.jpg

Couple more
4739tamera_yote.jpg

This old boy was a fighter.
9664newyote_009.jpg

Sold some of my yotes the other day and AVG $52.20 not too bad!!
Enough to order some more "stink dog" stretchers.

LAST EDITED ON Feb-05-12 AT 12:54PM (MST)[p]Got these 2 females this morning, only had time for 3 stands so not to shabby of a morning,

7718fishdogs_004.jpg

LAST EDITED ON Feb-05-12 AT 02:22PM (MST)[p]sorry the pic did not turn out super clear. this was the 2nd of 2 my brother in law and i got this year. the first stand he shot 1 at about 100 yards, coming in hot. this 1 was mine shot at 60 yards, coming in hot. it was the first shot i had fired at a dog with a new rifle, 220 swift. it punched right through and did not make a hole going in or out. i love it. what a great way to start off with a new gun. hopefully the luck will continue. we have another trip planned next saturday. we will see if our luck holds. .
4240mail.jpg

got this guy running my land. shows up on the trail cam a lot but never during the day. he wont even come into calls. getting time to set some traps. along with getting a few foxes

004.jpg

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom