Leupold or Zeiss scopes?

erik1972

Recently I have been purchasing a few scopes and now I realize I have 2 too many scopes and will be getting rid of 2 I dont need. My question is should I keep the Zeiss's and get rid of the Leupolds or what?

I have always been a Leupold fan and just in the past few years stepped up my game to the VX III line of Leupold scopes. A good family friend suggested I try Zeiss as well. Now I have a few of each but really dont need them all.

This is what I have and am wondering what I should keep and sell.

Leupold VX3 2.5x8x36 Matte Duplex on my Model 7 .243

Zeiss Diavari C 3x9x36 Matte on Model 7 .308

Zeiss Terra 3X 4x12x42 Matte on Model 700 .270WSM

Leupold VX3 3.5x10x50 Matte Heavy Duplex in box

Zeiss Conquest HD5 3x15x42 Matte in box

Zeiss Conquest 3x9x40 Matte in box

Are the Zeiss's better then the Leupolds at all? I have a few rifles with VXI's that I could replace too but I hardly shoot these rifles.

Thoughts?

Thanks, Erik

LAST EDITED ON Sep-26-14 AT 11:00AM (MST)[p]Keep the HD5 and the 3.5x10x50. I don't think Zeiss is any better than Leupold. Like most makers out there, they have cheap items and then they have their high end. I have two HD5 scopes and love them. The rest of my scopes are Leupold.

The Zeiss glass is a little brighter in the Conquest and Conquest HD5 than the VX3 glass, but both are still very good. The Diavari is a top scope so keep that. On Model 700 .270WSM I would put the Zeiss Conquest HD5 3x15x42 on it and sell the Terra, that is a low end scope. I would also sell the Leupold VX3 3.5x10x50 Matte Heavy Duplex only because the Heavy Duplex crosshairs are too thick to shoot accurately at long range (you could always send it to Leupold and have them put in the Fine Duplex for a small charge). That leaves the Zeiss Conquest 3-9 and the 2.5-8 Leupold...look through both and keep the one that looks the brightest/clearest to you and sell the other one...both are the same quality. That's my opinion...you asked so that is what I'd do.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom