Leupold Rangefinders

downsouth

Looking to purchase a new rangefinder and was wondering about the new Leupold rangefinders. The TBR feature looks pretty cool. I've never seen them before and I guess they're brand new but just wondering if any of you has tried one yet.

That's all they are good for till you figure that they are off on distance and you wind up and toss them off a cliff. LOL

Very hard to get a good reading unless you have the "right conditions" and a solid dark object to focus on. They don't work in snow either. Maybe the newer ones are better but the one I have have for 6 or 7 years now just gets left a home.

Brian

They were having some issues with the early production models and they are a little complex to operate. I was stunned to see Leupold come out with something that wasn't perfect right from the gitgo. I don't know if the issues are resolved but I'm sure somebody on here will have some input. I Know Leupold they will get the issue resolved since they have one of the best reps in the business. The Bushnell, Nikon, and Leica models seem to work very well.

I just bought the Leupold Rx-III...haven't got to use it too much yet, but what i have, i haven't had a lick of problem with it.

snipersmilie.gif

one shot

I have been using the Leupold RX-II for about a month and am extremly pleased with it. Very quick, clear and easy to use. The only thing that I don't love is that in bow mode the TBR feature only works out to 60 yards but the line of sight still works so you still know the yardage just not the TBR.

Splash

I think my opinion has changed on these range finders. I got a the RX III...well last night when i was shooting my bow in the back yard. It wouldn't range my block target at 30 yards, it was slightly shawdow...but i thought that was bs. I was really pissed. Think of sending it back, and getting a pre-owned Leica from Doug.

snipersmilie.gif

one shot

I am taking my rx III back to sportsmans tomorrow after using it for 20 min's today in the uinta's it does not range off pine tree's past 50 yrds i was hitting everything i could see out to 200 yrds and it never read anything past 57. could this be because it is on bow setting? dont really care getting a nikon.

Save your money and buy swaro. range finder from Doug. They are accurate friend bought one and it works.We have range dogs out to 754 yards with the thing.I'M CURRENTLY SAVING BUCKS TO GET ONE MYSELF.

Its pretty crappy that you spend hundreds of dollars on a piece of equipment with such a short waranty. You're better off buying a cheapy every couple of years!

I have an RX-IV (black not camo). I love mine. I have used it on an elk bow hunt and plan to use it on my rifle muley hunt. I have used it in low light conditions as well as peak of the day. Again, I have had no problems.

JBone

I purchased the RX-III and have been using it for three weeks. I like mine, no problems. same as JBone.
Brian

>Save your money and buy swaro.
>range finder from Doug. They
>are accurate friend bought one
>and it works.We have range
>dogs out to 754 yards
>with the thing.I'M CURRENTLY SAVING
>BUCKS TO GET ONE MYSELF.
>

Who is Doug and how much is he selling the Swaro's for?

I have the camo RX-IV and I just got back from my deer hunt in CO where I had the first chance to really put it to the test. The farthest I needed to range was just under 1000 yards and I got a reading first try on a juniper tree. A buddy hunting with me has the Leica Geovids and every reading we tried next to eachother were within 2 yards out at far distances.

I have to agree that it can be a little complicated, but once you get it down you're fine. I've seen some people upset with the TBR setting. I believe the farthest you can use it on the bow setting is 60 yards and 750 yards on the rifle setting. I guess it might be related to the ethics of long shots, but that doesn't explain how far it will read on the rifle setting. But when you can't get the TBR reading it will still give you the line of sight reading out further.

I haven't had any of the problems that others have mentioned and have been very pleased with the performance. Maybe those were issues on the early releases, but from my experience the newer release seems to work great.

Rackem

http://www.needgod.com/

Im sending mine back to cabelas.It's not accurate and in my opinion it too complacated!!!! just my view

Buck Grunt, A guy with your kind of dough should go out & pick up a pair of the Leica geovid combo's.

I have the RX-III. I haven't had any issues with mine. You need to spend some time understanding how to run the thing before you go into the field. I have found that as you start ranging things out farther and farther you have to have a good rest to get consistant readings. Just holding it standing up while ranging out there 500+ yards, the slightest shacking makes your target area pretty big.

One guy mentioned he had trouble getting it to read on his bow target. I don't know if your target is black or not, if it is, its not the range finders fault. Black does not reflect light, so you won't get any light coming back to your finder to measure a distance. Try putting a piece of paper on your target or spray painting it some color.

The reason all these range finders have such a short warrenty is because they are rely on electronics. You won't find any electronic item that gives you much of a warrenty.

you are correct on the Black issue. I have a Leica that is great but it struggles when I range my black archery target.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Great Deals at Camera Land

Camera Land - Optics, Cameras, & More

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics
Back
Top Bottom