Leupold reticles & CDS

DonVathome

Very Active Member
I am getting a new scope and wanted to hear some input on the Firedot - good? Bad? If battery is dead can you still shoot or is center "empty"?

Is cds really as good as they claim? I have always thought/suspected that when you click the scope adjustments it can take 1 shot to settle them - never proved it but talked with other guys who had the same theory - maybe newer scopes are better.

I am looking at the VX-6 2-12x with the Firedot duplex or firedot LR duplex. The LR seems pointless with CDS.

Also none of these provide for windage and if I understand right the cds is only for elevation?

I have the Vx-6 FireDot wind-plex 3-18-zL . Great scope! Yes you can still shoot if battery is dead and center looks the same as a reg duplex . The fire dot can be adjusted on the fly to 12 different intensity's or turns off completely. The CDS is flawless, no problems retaining zero. It also has a windage that can be set and reset to zero . The wind plex lets you Instantly hold MOA to compensate for wind. This is a rock solid scope! I can shoot out to 600 yards with confidence on my semi custom Rem 700 300 wsm. I don't think you can go wrong with leopold.

mine has performed as expected.....great system

How to start an argument online:
1. Express an opinion
2. Wait

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom