leupold varmint to boone and crockett

fisrtcoueswas80inches

Very Active Member
well, going against the advice of people on this forum i bought the varmint reticle over the boone and crockett and regeret it. i have been trying to sell my varmint reticle to buy a boone and crockett. i recently (today) found out i could send my varmint reticle in and they will change the reticle to boone and crockett. the price is 149.99 and should be done in a week. unfortunately, right now i do not have an extra 150 layin around so i will have to wait until after my hunts this october. has anyone done this and how did it turn out? i almost wonder if they will just send me a refurbished boone and crockett and sell my scope as a refurbised scope.
Casey

Casey, I don't think Leupold would do something like that. They are a pretty reputable outfit. If you are worried, write down your scopes serial #. Do you know if I can have the reticle in a VX-2 changed to a B&C? mtmuley

Casey they will switch yours out for a fee. They are a great company. In fact if you write them a letter explaining that you are a young man they may even give you a discount. Make sure you enclose photo of yourself with your rifle. They are a standup company and you never know. Mtmuley I dn't know if they offer that reticle in VXll scopes. If not they may not make the change but they do have a new service that just may do it for the 149.00 call and ask.

Sell it on EBAY and buy a new scope. It will be cheaper and faster than sending in $150 and your scope. I'll bet they swamped with repairs about this time year. No telling how long it will take to get it back.

Man, the price has went up. A few years ago I sent my vx-II in to get the leupold dot installed. They completely take it apart, make the changes, and make it brand spanking new. I was very impressed with the turn around time. I wish more companies had the same level of service as the Weatherby's and Leupold's.

Another note, I wanted another scope with the leupold dot, but it wasn't offered by cabelas. I contacted Cabelas special order dept. and they made it happen. That saved me having to send it back.

The ebay route may not be bad.
Its crazy the prices things have been selling for lately.

five_point_buck
C.B.C.S.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom