lift and gears 05 chev

armybrat

Anybody know someone that would lift my truck and lower my gears and not kill me on labor rates.... I know what the lift and gears cost and the couple shops I have called have been ridiculous on the labor.... anyways I am in utah thanks

Well, the labor for changing out your gears is probably worth it. It is not exactly the easiest thing to do RIGHT and it is real easy to do it WRONG!

".....but by God, I never said a word to a pig!"

Not for what they r chargn it ain't... give me some lube... I ain't payn 1000 in labor for a 4 to 5 hour job....

LAST EDITED ON Aug-05-11 AT 09:14PM (MST)[p]Well, gear swap per axle, I charge 300 labor PER axle if you supply all parts< but then again, if you supply all parts I won't do it for any amount of money. Lift for an 05 Chev(i'll figure a 2500HD) 4", blocks in rear i'll assume..... labor 900.00 If you can do it,, the whole job in 5 hours. tip of the hat to you! you're a better wrencher than I..

For everything involved in the install a grand each soesnt sound bad.... Most places won't install your parts, if they do they will NOT warrantee any of it.... I wouldn't install customer parts, too much liability involved.

4b1db2ac644136c4.jpg

I wanted to change gears one time and found it easier and cheaper to buy another rig similar to mine, with the right gears, that was wrecked. I paid $800. for the wreck, pulled and swapped out both complete axles, took the best part of a day with a buddy doing most of the brain work, and i lifted a few other parts i wanted. I then sold my old axles and what was left of the wreck for,... you guessed it, $800.

I put Firestone air bags on the rear of my 3/4 ton truck last summer. At 50 pounds pressure, you can go to 100, they lifted my back end 3-4". Love them!! Cost? $300.

Just some ideas,

Joey

Dont know how much you want to change it or not but I took a truck from 3.23 to 4.10 gearing had to have the customer buy a bully dog chip then so the ABS would stop going off I was the only heavy line tech at our dealership that set up axles. Like others have said I've seen alot of people do it wrong. Its not like the old days of carburetor trucks where you can just mix and match computers contol everything now! I wouldn't do it for cheaper.
7mm wsm 600yrd. and closer checkmate

If your in the southern utah area(st.george) one of my good friends is a certified diesel mechanic and does quite a few lift and gear side jobs. Had him install lower gears in my rig. Send me a PM if your interested.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom