Lighting them up on Ok.

gknutson

LAST EDITED ON Feb-05-11 AT 08:01PM (MST)[p]Had a good day varmint hunting today. A friend and I got 5 coyotes and 1 bobcat. We got 4 coyotes on 1 stand. It was some fun shooting.

8809big_tom.jpg

6441bobcat_paw.jpg

2770bobcat_and_coyote.jpg

I shot this coyote on the move at about 50 yards. Check out the skid marks.

2835coyote_skid.jpg

64914_coyotes.jpg

Good hunting.

great job and thanks for the awesome pics. Glad somebody is haveing luck calling what sounds did they come to .

Thanks, coyote

LAST EDITED ON Feb-06-11 AT 11:05AM (MST)[p]I got the bobcat 12 minutes into calling. I used this sequence (sterling dist. 3 mins.) 1 min break (sterling dist. 2 mins) 1 min break (Vole squeek 2 mins) 1 min break (sterling distress 2 mins.) He came in on the begening of the last sterling distress round.

As far as the coyotes. They werent coming to rabbit/bird distress calls at all. All 5 were killed with coyote vocals. One of the 22 minutes into a stand. I used Challenge howl, invitation howl, Coyote serenade, and coy. pup distress.

It seems like in Feb. coyote vocals are always better than distress calls.

P.S. All the sounds I was using were foxpro sounds.

Sweet. Congrats. Nice pelts and some fun hunting. Not to mention some cash in pocket to go towards next hunt.

Congrats on a great day out in the country, that is a great looking bob. I love when you get get more than one dog on a stand. Thanks alot for posting

gknutson......Great job on a nice pile of Fur!!

Hunting is Life...everything else is
Just details.
Ol' Buzztail...

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom