Local ammo shortage?

cantgetdrawn

Like a lot of people I have had trouble finding ammo. Last night at Walmart I found a couple of boxes I need, I bought 1 and figured I leave the other for someone else. As I was headed out I ran into an old friend who was working there. I asked him when the next shipment of ammo would be in, he told me he would call me.

He went on to tell me that the main reason they could not keep ammo on the self is because a local gun shop keeps track of their shipments and as soon as they get any ammo the owner and/or employees of that gun shop come in a buy the ammo that have the highest demand. He even said that he had to step in on one occasion because the they were insisting that certain ammo that was on the invoice did not arrive and they wanted it. I will not mention the name since it is hearsay, but this gun shop has been in abq for many years and I've always considered them reputable.

I am all for capitalism, but I have to say this bugs me. I am not sure exactly what they are doing with that ammo, but I would be surprised if the gun shop was not reselling it at a higher price. I believe this is legal, but ethically it is very subjective.

I have no reason to doubt what my friend told me is true.

I was wondering what others thought of this practice?

Don't have much to say about what might be going on... it's called capitalism. Don't like it but it is what it is I guess.

What kinda ammo you looking for? If you want shoot me a PM and I will let you know how to go about getting ammo at WalMart here in Albuquerque. After OBummer opened his mouth about gun control I have kinda figured out the WalMarts and have not had a problem getting ammo to shoot and to stock up on. Not counting .22 over 6K of various calibers to shoot and stockpile all from WM.

What your friend told you is true. Ammo is being bought up upon delivery from places like Wally World and Sportsman's that keep set prices and being resold at "market value".

I've even overheard one dealer remark about how much he loves Obama because he can almost charge whatever he wants. I refuse to shop there now, and it has nothing to do with the political mention...I just do not like the way he said it in reference to his customers.

Ammo is nowhere to be found. People who have the ammo are making everyone else pay dearly. I was at a local gun shop and purchased a Ruger LCR in 22 mag for the wife. They couldn't even sell me bullets to shoot it. Another gun dealer said, Homeland Security is purchasing 1.6 billion rounds of ammo each for the next 4 years and stockpiling in Utah. They had to redye there equipment to make it. They said ammo would be allot easier to get in the fall. (The bullets are hollow points.) For those who know, hollow points are not to be used in wars as per the Geneva Convention. So what do you think there purpose in the buying the bullets are? (I have also heard of the number being 450 million bullets a year) Google it!

>Ammo is nowhere to be found.
> People who have the
>ammo are making everyone else
>pay dearly. I was
>at a local gun shop
>and purchased a Ruger LCR
>in 22 mag for the
>wife. They couldn't even
>sell me bullets to shoot
>it. Another gun dealer
>said, Homeland Security is purchasing
>1.6 billion rounds of ammo
>each for the next 4
>years and stockpiling in Utah.
>They had to redye there
>equipment to make it.
>They said ammo would be
>allot easier to get in
>the fall. (The bullets
>are hollow points.) For
>those who know, hollow points
>are not to be used
>in wars as per the
>Geneva Convention. So what
>do you think there purpose
>in the buying the bullets
>are? (I have also
>heard of the number being
>450 million bullets a year)
> Google it!

That's because Homeland Security plans to use all that ammo on you and me.....you'll see.

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom