LOCK BOX

PaleHorse

Here is one of the lock boxes I built for my Primos truth cam. I am going out today to set it up. I thought I would post it up before it is surley stolen!!! sad you have to go to such extreme's!

9641imgp1561.jpg

3824imgp1563.jpg

Looks pretty sturdy, but there is no way I would go to all of that to a hang a friggin camera on a tree!!! That's the main reason I don't use them. Cripes, we've had whole trees cut down up here from time to time so people could steal treestands and I'm talking about ones that were up on private property!!!

You did a great job on it. How long did it take you to make it and what did you use to cut out the face plate with?

GBA

This is my first year for trail cams. I haven't wanted to use them, but I am young and poor and have a family. So I decided this will be a good investment into my LE archery elk hunt.

The first box took 2.5-3 hours with all the trial and error, the second one I built is better and took around an hour.

I used a hand held ESAB plasma cutter to cut everything out. My measurements were a bit off on the first one. Thats why the hole is a bit crooked.

I actually drilled holes in the back so I could put a lag bolt in for extra security. Then the camera simply covers it up.

I also put a couple of drain holes in the bottom too so it doesn't turn into an underwater camera.

We will see how it works!!!

Nice work. Hopefully they will leave your lock box alone. If it works out, maybe you could market your creation. Good luck.

Eldorado

I like you thinking and your design. I actualy thought about making my own the very same way, for lag bolts , chain and even the drain holes.

GBA

eldorado took the words right out of my mouth because if it works like it looks it should, maybe you can make some extra money. It sounds like you have the equipment to crank them out at a pretty decent pace. Good luck!!!

that's sweet you have the tool to do it yourself. thank goodness i didn't have to make mine. there's a lot out there on the market right now, so i just bought one.

however I painted it and it looks pretty sweet on the tree.

6_lg.jpg

I thought about doing the same thing. I have the same camera. I ended up buying one for $35.00. Figured it was worth it.
a20792b12a43280588e9ae_s.JPG

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom