Locked Dead Heads

cosmic_cowboy

Very Active Member
Anyone know what a pair of locked elk dead heads are worth ?
They are 1.5 years old probably from fall of 2011 still hard white and brown on bottoms. Big bull is a BIG HEAVY 5X5 around 300+ small bull is also a 5X5 but smaller.Been shed hunting for many many years and never found anything like this.What do you guys think ?

CC

Ok I decided to post up 2 pics I measured the big bull today and I was close on my guess he is 303.Now I hope some of you antler experts can tell me what you think its worth.I'm in the construction business and its been a very slow winter I need the money or I would just keep it.Except the wife said no way not in my house already have to many antlers in the house. And it won't fit through a 3' door anyway.

CC

987locked_elk_heads_008.jpg

9668locked_elk_heads_006.jpg

sweet find. I would say the price would be dependent on finding the right buyer. If it was two big bulls it would be easier to sell IMHO. Keep at it though and I'm sure you'll find someone to buy it!

Thanks for sharing

I dont know if they would be worth more stuck like that, because anybody could stick two dead heads together. I'm not saying that's what you did because this looks pretty legit.

These are real there's no way you could stick two dead heads together like these are without breaking them.And they can't be separated, if they could the bulls would have! instead of dieing.
They are worn and rubbed where they tried to separate themselves. I also have ATL pics but won't post them because they could be GPS enbeded as I took them with my phone. In my opinion they are VERY RARE never heard of elk... Whitetails yes but they are rare also.

CC

Why would anyone care where you found them???

Sit tall in the saddle, hold your head up high, keep your eyes fixed to where the trail meets the sky...

really cool find. the price would be based on the poundage and the sets. a horn buyer may or may not keep them together. I know when I sold some bone a few months ago for a 315 set I got 150 bucks. and I have a really cool 340 bull that had a bullet hole by the royal and a salesman that I knew offered me a grand to have it. but the story of me finding the bull/memory of it I decided to keep it.

can always look into craigslist or send the picture to a horn buyer

I found them in one of my honey holes....very few places left I can go and not see foot prints.I'll keep this one secret as long as I can... Been getting sheds outa there for a few years now.

Don't you guys think they would be worth more than just by the pound ? If that's the case I'll just keep em.

CC

Awesome find.

The hard part will be cleaning the skulls the way they are tangled.

Sure it can be done and then it will be an awesome display.

You probably wont get more than $ per pound because they are average bulls,if you a couple 400" bulls locked it would be a different story,NICE find!

I know you said that you needed to sell them for the money. I hope you get lucky and don't have to end up selling them! I found this set a few years back and am still trying to decide what to do with them. Not nearly as big as yours but truely priceless to me.

py

431locked.bulls.jpg

Have no clue what they are worth but I would guess that you'll get a life time of ass-kicking's from yourself if you do sell them.
Keep them, some times money isn't worth the exchange.

Mntman

"Hunting is where you prove yourself"

Let me guess, you drive a 1 ton with oak trees for smoke stacks, 12" lift kit and 40" tires to pull a single place lawn mower trailer?

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom