Looking for a huntin bud for early rifle deer

I have 8 NR points this year and I would like to find somebody with at least 8 points or more to burn on a high country back pack / horse hunt. My wife will kill me if I try and do this alone, so I'm looking for partner to share in the fun. I'm in good physical condition and I would either do backpack / spike type of hunt or if need be I could bring my horses. Let me know if you're interested in chasing big bucks in velvet.

When I was a kid, my dad and I met a nice old guy with Weatherby who claimed to have been one of the ballisticians that worked with Roy and the Army with it and the .30-378. He said in the lab the first time they fired the .22-378 the muzzle blast felt like a grenade and one person broke a tooth? Lol, don't know how that would of happened.

To your post.... I'd look at unit 47 and 471 HCB. You don't need horses and its fairly forgiving terrain. Verizon cell phones work up there. And despite what people may say, there are some gagger deer up there. I have had the tag several times and my largest was 170 and saw much bigger. Pm me if this interests you.

>When I was a kid, my
>dad and I met a
>nice old guy with Weatherby
>who claimed to have been
>one of the ballisticians that
>worked with Roy and the
>Army with it and the
>.30-378. He said in the
>lab the first time they
>fired the .22-378 the muzzle
>blast felt like a grenade
>and one person broke a
>tooth? Lol, don't know how
>that would of happened.
>
>To your post.... I'd look at
>unit 47 and 471 HCB.
>You don't need horses and
>its fairly forgiving terrain. Verizon
>cell phones work up there.
>And despite what people may
>say, there are some gagger
>deer up there. I have
>had the tag several times
>and my largest was 170
>and saw much bigger. Pm
>me if this interests you.
>

That is a interesting story, I shoot a 30-378 and I am very interested in old weatherby history. Thanks for sharing

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom