Looking for some thoughts on a few units

NoBark

Fun time of year, lots of time to think about the fall. My two sons and I are looking at a rifle deer hunt in the next year or two in CO. Right now, we could get into 40 or 63 for the third season. Harvest stats a pretty good for the last few years.
Since we DIY on our hunts, I'd like some insight from folks that have hunted these areas.
Wondering about the amount of private/public land. Could we pull it off without watching a GPS all day to make sure we don't stray?
While harvest numbers are good, Stats say nothing of quality or what we should expect size wise. ideas?

Or we could wait a year and have a shot at 30 2nd season or 70 3rd season.

Hunted 54 3rd 4 years ago, but know they got hammered and the numbers are down in that area. I'm also looking for places that take fewer points. Getting older. Ha

I know points needed don't always = best units but it's a place to start.

Assuming you are looking to do a public land hunt I would suggest doing unit 63. 40 is full of private land and majority of the deer inhabit it.

Coloradoboy

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom