Losing bonus ponts

coyoteslayer

Question for everyone. say I have 5 bonus points for elk, and 5 bonus points for deer. It says in the rule book, that you will lose your points if you do not put in for 3 years. Most people think you have to put in for elk once every 3 years and deer at least once every 3 years or you will lose those points. I just read the rule and I understand it that if you put in for either one of the species in the 3 years, then you will not lose points. For example if I put in for deer for the next 10 years, then I should not lose my points for elk. Is this true, or am I reading it wrong.

As long as you are applying for any species, you won't lose your points. If you do not put in for any species for 3 consecutive years then you may lose your points. I know a fellow who got caught poaching though and lost his hunting privelages for 10 yrs, and he retained what points he had so I'm not sure how that works?

He might have had his "problem" before the F&G implimented the rule to lose points after 3 yrs of inactivity. Just a guess though since I don't know his situation.

Zeke

You may want to look into this more, just to be safe. This rule was implemented in 2009, so nobody has lost any points yet. I would give them a call.

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom