Lost rifle

Mall816

Need help. My family and I were hunting in the spike elk unit by Mill Hollow over the weekend 10-3-2015. My brother left his rifle leaning up against the back of the truck and drove away. After getting home and not finding his rifle he headed back up to look for it but no luck. If anybody has any info please send message and Ican give description of rifle.

Contact dwr/local sheriff, in case someone turned it in to them.

Yelum

YBU

7019yelumlogosig2.jpg

I did about the same thing in Colorado once. Leaned my rifle against the front tire of the truck, forgot, and drove off. Fortunately we didn't get far before I notice and it was still there when we got back to it, and I didn't run over it.

That sucks!
Back in the day, I left one on the wrong side of a river after a backpack sheep hunt in Colorado. I had to inflate the boat and row back across the dang river to retrieve it the next day.
I'll bet that makes two of us who will never forget a rifle again!
Zeke

Thanks for the help. I've called the dwr, forest service and local sheriffs office. No luck yet. I'll be heading back this weekend and I'll place some notes on some trees by the roads just in case anybody that has it can get a hold of me.

I am guessing more of us on here have had that happen than want to admit. I once lost a rifle in Nevada while on a horseback hunt. It got snagged in some cedar limbs and pulled out of the scabbard. We went miles before I realized it was gone. Fortunately after backtracking on foot through all sorts of brush and trees I found it in the bushes.
It could have been a very long week of hunting had I not found it!

Obviously somebody picked it up. You would hope that whoever that was is decent enough to try to find you.

Best of luck.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom