Lost Whitetail Mounts

flycrewsupe

I have been a long time member to MM but frequent poster. This is a tough 1 to admit and yet post about 2 lost Whitetail deer mounts. Me and a buddy went out to Eastern Colorado on a mule deer hunt in 2004. Well the big Muleys we were after didn't materialize. We ended up shooting nice Whitetails on the last day. Well on our way home we dropped of the heads in Grand Junction, Co at our friends Taxidermy shop. Be ready in a year no problem. We head back out 1 year later for our annual hunting trip and when were done hunting we pick up our beautful mounts. We load up the truck with our hunting stuff and mounts in big cardboard boxes. Well we think everything is secure. We leave Grand Junction to Southern, Ca at 0400 for home. This is when the story goes bad. Someplace between Grand Junction and Salida, Ut the deer mounts in the cardboard boxes fly out of the truck and we have no idea there gone. We discover them gone when the sun comes up and light enough to look on the prized goods in the back of the truck. Gone blown out. What the hell. Complete disbelief. 210 miles of I-70. I know what your thinking and I have heard it all. Me and my friend were pretty upset about our stupidity and not truley securing our load. Well things happen and you move forward. If anyone in MM world has heard of someone finding 2 whitetail mounts on I-70 and has the heart to give them back to individual owners who lost them that would be great. No questions asked.
Gary

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom