Lotta Horns...

greatwestern

Very Active Member
LAST EDITED ON Mar-13-11 AT 10:21PM (MST)[p]hey! found a disc of some photos from a few years ago that i'd thought i'd lost...some big dudes in that mess of horns; two All Time and 3 over 40

901613.jpg

9336alpine_flowers.jpg

6928ram_clan.jpg

37764.jpg

^two 40+ inchers on the right...completely different horn conformation and age, yet within 3" inches score wise (official)

a few good rams in the group anyway

:)

hey, thanks guys....ya T-Gun, and how are them bowling balls glued to that big shedding dude's head?

we all know about judging rams from behind, yada, yada...but i ALWAYS try to get a good back view, and i like very much when a contender has a set of bulging 'biceps' back there like ol Bowlingball Head has got....long horns are cool, but give me heavy quarters any day!

i still think the current scoring proceedure credits length over mass, which just doesn't make any sense to me....kinda like a lot of things, i guess! :)

Absolutely awesome and I agree on that mass/length statement! I always wanted to go on a sheep hunt when I was younger and didn't have the money. Now I do and I'm too friggin old to give one a good try, so you younguns can do it for me! Seems as if life is turned around backwards sometimes, but at least I'm in great health and can still go after most other critters at my age,LOL!!!

Getting a glimpse of a band like that would make anyone's day! Thanks for sharing GW!
You can't beat "old and heavy" in my book!

LAST EDITED ON Mar-15-11 AT 11:47PM (MST)[p]shoot Topgun...with good health and reasonable fitness, i think that there are at least a few sheep options you could look at going for...if you still want to of course!

....hey, here's Young Longhorns tryin to get a bit surly with ol Bowlingball Head, as was his routine...that young punk liked to pretend he really had the stuff, though notice his perfectly pristine horns---he never followed through with any of it! :)

64541.jpg

Big Bowler was quite obviously dominant, but the other slightly outclassed older Tuff Guy below on the right was quite ambitious and full of pride, and continued to stand up and display to all the younger dudes that came anywhere near until everybody had made their beds and hit the sack...ya, a regular second-rate, jealous bully!

7088sheep_08_024.jpg

well anyway, cheers everyone!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom