Lowa Creek II GTX

MrKrabs

Yet another boot question. I currently have Kenetrek Hardscrabble Hikers and love them. My problem is I'd like to have an insulated pair as well, but Kenetrek currently doesn't offer that. I've looked at Hanwag, Lowa, and others trying to find a good lightweight insulated hiker type boot. I found the Lowa Creek II GTX, but can't find alot of information about them. Does anyone have any experience with these or have a recommendation in this same line of boot?

Thanks

Ben

I am currently testing the Lowa Creek II but I have not reached any conclusions yet. I can say that it is not as heavy as my favorite snow boot, the Sorel Conquest. I would classify the Conquest as a technical pac boot not a light insulated hiker. The Creek II fits that desription though. You might also look at the Danner Santiam GTX. It is insulated but might be heavier than you want.

A couple others to look at, Salomon Deemax, Salomon Snowtrip, Keen Summit County. I don't recommend them but they are worthy of consideration for a light weight snow hiker.

Wade
www.HardcoreOutdoor.com

I have a pair of Sorel Conquest and they kill my feet. I can walk at most a mile in them before they start digging into my ankle too much to keep going. I contacted the company and the response I got was "sounds like a fit issue too bad". The boots fit fine.

I can't find anything that tells me how much insulation the Creek II GTX has. Their website just says "Waterproof and warm, insulated GORE-TEX? Partelana fleece lining". How does that compare to Thinsulate? When do you think you'll be finished evaluating these boots? If I can't find an insulated hiker I like I might just order a pair of Mountain Extreme 400 or 1000.

I can't imagine what is digging into your ankle on the Conquest. The interior of the boot is smooth and thickly padded. I don't have that problem, mine are very comfortable. Where did you buy them?

Look at the other boots I mentioned and also maybe the Wiggys insulated boots. None of these however, are going to be as stiff as the Mountain Extremes. That is sort of going over the the opposite side of the equation.

Wade
www.HardcoreOutdoor.com

I bought the Conquest from Sportsman's Warehouse. I had to return one pair because they were defective, but that was before they had been worn outside. What is happening is the leather below the buckle and strap folds over into a crease when I walk especially sidehilling. That crease that creates hits right on the outside of my ankle bone.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom