Made in the USA?

WannaB

Random question for you all...how important is "Made in the USA" to you in reference to the hunting/outdoors products that you choose?

It seems that most people I know try to by USA when possible, but when it comes to optics or accessories...we often turn to import brands (swaro, vortex, zeiss, nikon, KUIU, badlands, etc.)

Is it a matter of not being able to find the quality in a US made product, or is it pricing? If you had an American made option that was equitable in quality/price, would you buy American more often?

Just curious, Thanks.

-WB

I would buy American every time if the quality, price and availability were equal.
Supporting USA is important to me but I have Swarovski binos around my neck and Leica range finder in my pouch for a reason.
Zeke

To me, where it is made does not take precedence over the quality and/or price I am looking for. All being equal I will go with the USA product, but rarely do I come across that equal situation.

I'll pay a little more for comparable products that are actually made here. Assembled in USA from components made elsewhere does not qualify as Made in USA IMO, but @ least some US wage earners benefit from that.

+ 2 Zeke.
But it's hard to find good quality made in USA theses days.Or any where it seems.....
I'll pay more and foreign for good quality long lasting product.
Woolrich coat and Zeiss scope type deal....

If I can get the quality of the foreign items then yes but 9 out of 10 times the foreign items are made better.

?If men were angels, no government would be
necessary.? John Adams

I'm Sick of MADE IN CHINA F'N Trash!

We laugh, we cry, we love
Go hard when the going's tough
Push back, come push and shove
Knock us down, we'll get back up again and again
We are Members of the Huntin Crowd!

I know it sucks to buy in made in china products.

But it does suck when you look at Sitka { not sure where its made} and the price is way to expensive.

When I can go to amazon and buy products super cheap with free shipping.

Also I don't even where that much camo for hunting. Brown or green carhart pants work just fine. Also you have to where orange depending on your states rules.

Scent is a bigger issue to deal with then decked out in camo

I try to whenever I can. I have a few hunting items that were either assembled or made in the US. Wouldn't go Chinese or PI, but Austria and Italy have been good to me ;).

Hey nfh!

It's Wear!:D

>I know it sucks to buy
>in made in china products.
>
>
>But it does suck when you
>look at Sitka { not
>sure where its made} and
>the price is way to
>expensive.
>
>When I can go to amazon
>and buy products super cheap
>with free shipping.
>
>Also I don't even where that
>much camo for hunting. Brown
>or green carhart pants work
>just fine. Also you have
>to where orange depending on
>your states rules.
>
>Scent is a bigger issue to
>deal with then decked out
>in camo

We laugh, we cry, we love
Go hard when the going's tough
Push back, come push and shove
Knock us down, we'll get back up again and again
We are Members of the Huntin Crowd!

American made/American brand name are not always in/on the same product.
Takes a little research to be sure.
I buy American all I can. I do have a Sako though. In my defense I bought it in Hanau Germany. Best $225.00 I ever spent!!!
Later
Foghorn

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom