Mapping Software for GPS due to Property Boundary's

NMELKOHOLIC

I am needed a little help with some Mapping Software. I currently own a Garmin 530 Hcx and have the Map source Topo software to go with it.

I am needing some help from individuals that have purchased Brands like Delorme, National Geographic or any other mapping software beside Map source that may shows Private Property, State and Blm Lands on your Topo Software for your GPS.
I found myself on my Antelope scouting trip over the weekend struggling between My Garmin Gps and my Cousins Hard Copy Topo Maps that do show those property boundaries on exactly where we where at.
Here in New Mexico we have a Large checker board system with County Roads going thru Private Property, State and BLM Lands due to easements rights. It would sure be nice to know exactly where you are at by looking at your GPS if those property boundary's where included in the Topo software.
This would give me that piece of mind when we are hunting with out spending countless minutes every couple of miles to see if you can hunt that or not when you are driving or hiking.

P.S.
Yes I know that if it is not posted every 50 feet from the any County Road you can hunt property, But also reading some of the forums here on Monster Muleys, You should always know exactly where your are at at all times and should have no excuses if you are ever caught hunting on private property which I Tend to agree, Look what happened the the Director of the Game and Fish from New Mexico this Last Hunting seasons.

Any Info would be help full.

I don't know of any maps that show public lands and that can be loaded onto a GPS unit. But there is a product called State Explorer BLM Edition by a company called Maptrails. What it is, is the BLM surface management maps on CD, and you can transfer waypoints from the map to your GPS unit, and vice versa. So it's not quite what you're looking for but it may be a better option than the paper maps you're currently using. I think what would work really well is to have a laptop in your truck while scouting/hunting, and have the BLM map up, and the GPS unit connected, so that you can see on your computer screen where you are at all times. Here's a link to the maptrails site:

http://www.maptrails.com/blmsedetails.html#statesavaliable

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom