Masks in a Subaru

eelgrass

Long Time Member
I was sitting at a stoplight yesterday next to a big Ford diesel pickup. Behind him was a Subaru with a guy and a gal wearing covid masks. I made eye contact with the guy in the Ford and he was shaking his head and smiling. I just smiled back.

When the light turned green he rolled coal on the Subaru for about two blocks! Some Californians are down right mean. It did catch me by surprise.....

When we were up hunting a couple of weeks ago the smoke from the fire was terrible so we used our masks in the truck. Finally a use for them it did help with the smoke.
A guy up there made fun of us because we were wearing a mask on the mountain. But this year no issues with the sinuses from dust and the taste of smoke was small in comparison to not using them.......it actually wasn't a face mask it was a camo neck gator for hiding but they work just the same LOL

Masks in a Poobaru.....figures.
1604557248927.png

Hey cmon now...I got a Subaru and you would be amazed where I've taken that thing around here where most of you are afraid of pinstriping your Urban "80.000.00 street Pick-ups...:cool: Even got a open top shooting bench for it.(SUN-ROOF) U.S. make a belcher that gets 30 mpg....I'll get one..

The poobaru is a vehicle of choice at the Gambler 500!
For the reasons you just mentioned!

Google Utah Gambler 500!

look around for the poobaru!

They really are great cars!

Especially if you bow hunt the wasatch front!

Hippies and Huggers won’t bash in your windows while you are out “destroying Bambi”

As long as you keep the hunting decals out of the back window and fly a 100% VEGAN sticker instead!

Having to explain to all Your friends that you turned gay and are only eating granola and tofu doesn’t seem with having a Subaru.

My wife has an older forester. It's pretty handy, especially for the overgrown logging roads, and does much better on mileage than my pickup.

I haven't gotten it stuck yet, and I've put it into some nasty situations.

My best hunting rig was a '61 VW Beetle. 36hp. It went everywhere I wanted to go. I even towed a boat trailer in the snow a few times over to Modoc Co. CA. And yes, I could stuff a blacktail buck under the front hood or tie it on the roof rack.

Rut, I traded it for 5 ounces of gold at about $35/ounce back then and headed to Reno.

Bluehair, that must have been a tight fit. No pun intended.

Rut, I traded it for 5 ounces of gold at about $35/ounce back then and headed to Reno.

Bluehair, that must have been a tight fit. No pun intended.
It was a pretty rough road, so I'm not exactly sure what all happened. No matter to me though - in high school "quality" wasn't really what I was holding out for.

My sister had a Subaru "Brat". Remember those? 30 years ago they looked like everything now does.
Back in 80's my timber falling days I used a Toyota 4x4 and had a partner that had a Subaru Brat...we could go anywhere in them things as long as the skid trails didn't had a leftover 24in log crossways in it..

Back in 80's my timber falling days I used a Toyota 4x4 and had a partner that had a Subaru Brat...we could go anywhere in them things as long as the skid trails didn't had a leftover 24in log crossways in it..
Reminds me......back in the day....like 1970.... I was working on a Saturday with the fallers. Blacksnake, a faller who worked for Louisiana Pacific came over for the day to help fall some timber for Johnny Walker who worked for Simpson. I offered to carry his saw up on the hill with the Cat but he said he'd drive up the skid road with his truck. He made it up okay, on his third run at it..... but his saw bounced out of the truck at the bottom. I put it on the Cat and took it up to him. Hahaha!

I saw a picture of Blacksnake in the paper awhile back. He's a big wig with the Yurok Indian Tribe now.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom