May/June RAC & Wildlife Board meetings.

JakeH

Long Time Member
Hey all, here are the subjects for the next round of RAC and WB meetings.

Please go to this link, and watch the presentations and submit any feedback you might have.

Here are the topics/ proposals to be discussed:
1-Cougar information for 2024
2-Recommended changes to CWMUs (Rule R657-37)
3-Proposed changes to Conservation and Sportsman Permits (Rule R657-41)
4-Juab Valley WMA Habitat Management Plan

There are links to all supporting documents if you feel like digging through all that stuff.

This is your chance to voice your opinions on these subjects.

Question For You JakeH?

If You Turn Your Buck Or Bull Tooth/Teeth In For Aging & Get It Aged By The DWR?

And Let's Say Your Buck Was Aged At 4-1/2 Years Old!

The Buck Woulda Had To Of Been Killed The First Part Of December Which Is Possible I Guess With The Extended Archery To Be 4-1/2 Years Old!

If your Buck Was Taken On The Early Archery He Might Be just Barely Over 4 years Old!

So?

Is Rounding Age Class Up Really How It Should Be Done?

Yes,I Do Know The Reasoning Behind It!

Which I Do Not Agree With!

The deadline to submit comments to the Central and Northern RACs is tomorrow. It is unfortunate the online comment period is so short for those RACs (55ish hours).

With the new legislation covering cougars, I doubt that topic will go very long.

Question For You JakeH?

If You Turn Your Buck Or Bull Tooth/Teeth In For Aging & Get It Aged By The DWR?

And Let's Say Your Buck Was Aged At 4-1/2 Years Old!

The Buck Woulda Had To Of Been Killed The First Part Of December Which Is Possible I Guess With The Extended Archery To Be 4-1/2 Years Old!

If your Buck Was Taken On The Early Archery He Might Be just Barely Over 4 years Old!

So?

Is Rounding Age Class Up Really How It Should Be Done?

Yes,I Do Know The Reasoning Behind It!

Which I Do Not Agree With!
Bess, I'm working with Dax on getting this sorted out. I'm assuming your asking this based off the question I asked in the last RAC meeting.

I will say this, Dax is under the assumption that they have actually been rounding down the numbers by a .5 for the statistics they use in the bull elk age class data. The difference may come in with the survey people rounding the number up on your individual survey cards.

The weird thing is they went back in and rounded all the old surveys up as well. I am 100% positive of 4 deer that my friends and family killed all having a .5 age on them when they posted them after the hunts, but if you go and look now they have all been rounded up to the next whole number.

I believe the change happened around 2015-2016.

But Dax is looking into it.

Of Course They Got Rounded Up!

Round It Up!

Make It Look Better!

Offer More Tags!

Nilly Will Love It!

No Nilly!

Not Trying To Piss You Off!

Bess, I'm working with Dax on getting this sorted out. I'm assuming your asking this based off the question I asked in the last RAC meeting.

I will say this, Dax is under the assumption that they have actually been rounding down the numbers by a .5 for the statistics they use in the bull elk age class data. The difference may come in with the survey people rounding the number up on your individual survey cards.

The weird thing is they went back in and rounded all the old surveys up as well. I am 100% positive of 4 deer that my friends and family killed all having a .5 age on them when they posted them after the hunts, but if you go and look now they have all been rounded up to the next whole number.

I believe the change happened around 2015-2016.

But Dax is looking into it.

Of Course They Got Rounded Up!

Round It Up!

Make It Look Better!

Offer More Tags!

Nilly Will Love It!

No Nilly!

Not Trying To Piss You Off!
Believe it or not, I agree with you on this. I dont go around and tell people when asked, "How old are you"? And I dont reply that I am 46.5. I am 46. Not 46.75, but 46.

Now, if I was almost 18, I'd say without a shadow of a doubt, that I was almost 18 or that I was 18.

Hey Robi?

Is It OK If I Round Down?:D

Believe it or not, I agree with you on this. I dont go around and tell people when asked, "How old are you"? And I dont reply that I am 46.5. I am 46. Not 46.75, but 46.

Now, if I was almost 18, I'd say without a shadow of a doubt, that I was almost 18 or that I was 18.

You Mis-Understood Robi!

So I'll SPLAIN In More Detail!

Since I'm An Old Wore Out SUM-***** Is It OK If I Round My Age Down Instead Of Up?

I Promise You,You'll Be There Someday!:D

And Yes I Remember When We Were All 18 Telling The Whole World We Were 21!:D

Now I've Gotta turn things Around!:D

Your IQ cant get much lower can it???;);););):LOL:;);)

Hey all, here are the subjects for the next round of RAC and WB meetings.

Please go to this link, and watch the presentations and submit any feedback you might have.

Here are the topics/ proposals to be discussed:
1-Cougar information for 2024
2-Recommended changes to CWMUs (Rule R657-37)
3-Proposed changes to Conservation and Sportsman Permits (Rule R657-41)
4-Juab Valley WMA Habitat Management Plan

There are links to all supporting documents if you feel like digging through all that stuff.

This is your chance to voice your opinions on these subjects.
I'm really disappointed to see the tag splits stay the same. I don't feel the General Public is being represented well in these committees. There are so many ways we could help with point creep, disbursement of animals, general hunter experience, health of the herd, etc with some changes. It just feels like we are catering to the money/power players and joe public is being asked to fund their cash cow.

I'm really disappointed to see the tag splits stay the same. I don't feel the General Public is being represented well in these committees. There are so many ways we could help with point creep, disbursement of animals, general hunter experience, health of the herd, etc with some changes. It just feels like we are catering to the money/power players and joe public is being asked to fund their cash cow.
I would love to get an email stating that, but so far it's been almost nothing but people saying how great the cwmu program is.

Send your feed back in to all the rac members. We would love to hear from you.

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom