McCook Ridge Damage

bonepiler

As a shed hunter, I would like to offer $250 for information leading to the arrest of the arsehole who has been driving his truck all around off-road and leaving 4-5 inch ruts in the mud on McCook Ridge in the Book Cliffs. Its guys like these that ruin it for everyone. BLM has a mud closure in effect, so this is obvious resource damage and can be prosecuted.

UNFORTUNATELY, SHARTHEADS LIKE THAT ARE STATEWIDE. THEY NEED TO BE CAUGHT & CHARGED.

I was on McCook two weeks ago and what a muddy mess. Seen one guy in a old beater chevy tearing stuff up. Tried to talk to him and he blew past us and kept on driving.

if you can get some video footage of the person like in the chevy, even cell phone video can be used to ticket them well i dunno about down there, i love offroading as much as the next but i love hunting and the animals more...pisses me off the bad ones get things shut down

47e9fcb352ad748f.jpg

has anyone seen my kittie

I saw him, I think I can find out his name but he was in a red shortbed chevy, He had a sticker in his back window that said (SHED HUNTER WALKIN FOR THE DREAM) (kind of ironic)or something like that. and there was him his wife and son. They was out there on tuesday 04-01-08. He was driveing around all the brushhoged areas.

Jake H. MM Member since 1999.
458738e374dfcb10.jpg

"beat up old Chevy"....it couldn't have come from TOO far away, probably a local and shouldn't be too hard to find.
Especially with that good of a description, not too mention the hypocrite sticker in his rear window.

hang 'em high!!!

Skull Krazy
"No Bones About It"

WOW!!!!, some good info already. Jake--approximate year and model of the red chevy? If you can come up with his name, shoot me an IM. If I can get a little more info., I will go talk to a LE officer.

If all else fails, I will know what vehicle descriptions to watch for while I am out there and will try to get some license plate numbers and video of them tearing the place up.

I saw the ruts all over the brushhog areas and it really pissed me off.

When I made the post, I thought it would be a long shot, but it looks like I may have to come up with $250. It will be money well spent to shut this guy down.

I would say its a early 90s chevy looks to have a lift and about 33" tires. They were camped over in big park a couple of weeks ago, I,ve seen them out there atleast 3 times this year. I will see about getting the name today, and dont worry about paying anything im just glad I could help.

Tardarcher, I sent you a PM.

458738e374dfcb10.jpg

seen him out there too this past weekend. out on mccook. still driving out through the chained areas. red chev with the logo in the window.

Sorry guys if i'm asking this i was just wondering were McCook Ridge is, i have had problems with a guy in an older red Chevy blazer with big tires and a decal in the window down here in price utah, is that at all close to you guys. Just wondering, and is your chevy a blazer.

I have film of these guys and would love to help.

ANdy

those two places are just a hop and skip away from each other it will probaly be the same guy.

The guy I saw was in a truck, not a blazer, and lives in the basin, not in price probly not the same guy.

Bone I never was able to get a name of the guy. sorry.

458738e374dfcb10.jpg

I ran into them in indian canyon, between duchense and helper. I'm not the only one that has had problems either i made a post a week ago about them.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom