Meat on a limb

B

BIGFOOT46

What is the farthest on a limb you guys have gone as far as meat. I mean i know desperate times call for desperate measures but it seems to me that meat is meat. I have been tempted to try some different critters specially when in the woods.

Had raccoon as a kid and it was good, but after skinning them trapping couldn't bring myself to do so again. They reek something fierce. Muskrat and beaver are good , though beaver tends to be a bit greasy. I've not tried it, but skunk has a rich red meat and as long as you kill and skin it without it releasing the oil (there are ways) I wouldn't be afraid to eat it. I'd have to be pretty hungry to try any of the canines or members of the Mustelidae family of mammals. These little western tree squirrels are good, though it takes a mess of them to make a meal.

I've had yote jerky on the family ranch in Mexico....meh!

I eat rams and aoudad...most think I am crazy but I have my wife wanting to hunt one just for the meat :) Smoking is the key.

Beaver was ok. Raccoon sucks! Rattler is awesome! Javelina is good. Jackrabbit is horrible but doable.

Anything taste good if you know how to cook it.

Depends on how much alcohol is involved.... had bear, coon, mountain lion, nutria rat, alligator belly skin (with asians), BTW which bring me all the squid they catch offshore which is awesome!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom