meindl denali footbed?

need4x4

I have my denali's now. Seem like a great boot. I have followed directions completely.

I have a question.

Has anyone ordered the other footbed available on the other meindl's (cork based)? And used it in the denali?

The current Air bootbed is alright, but it seems hot. I will change soxes to see if that reduces the heat. I was thinking the cork ones seem to have good feedback on this sight and they are not expensive.

Of course I can go with one of the other footbeds.

Just wondered if anyone had tried the cork footbed from Cabelas/Meindl.

I have - not sure if they are the same anymore but my Denali's are about 3 years old and I think the newer version is different?? I ordered the cork inserts and didn't really care for them. They are pretty thick and made my heel feel like it was up to high. I ended up putting in SOLE brand grey color inserts - they are the thin footbeds in the SOLE line, so far I sure like them, much better than the stock or the cork IMHO but everyones feet are different. If you have an REI close by check them out or a Superfeet insert which is pretty well known.

That sounds better. I might try it. I have some heel inserts that are gel type and I like them much better over the stock footbed. I had a little room in the heel area anyway.
I also have some super feet green and will try those also.

The meindl cork inserts are designed for the perfect and are too tall to use in other boots.

If you have the older denali I highly suggest you replace the crappy air active non cushioning insloe with a pair of Superfeet green insoles. I learned this the hard way the first time I took my denalis backpacking. The air active insoles are for moisture management only and provide very little cushioniong.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom