Memorial Day.......?

nickman

Long Time Member
I must be older than I think. This has bothered me all day, so I will ask "What would you have done?"

Yesterday, I went to Bishop to see the traveling VietNam Wall that was set up for Memorial Day. They have it at the City park on one of the ball diamonds.

This is the same weekend that Mule Days is held in Bishop, so there are 40,000 people in the valley for that event.

The park has a craft fair which was held next to the ball field where the wall was set up.

While I was sitting on the bleachers, some young people were standing there and one young woman remarked that "it was depressing that the wall was here during a holiday weekend".

I politely told the group that they needed to move away from the display....preferably to France!

There seems to be less and less Patriotism in the country. Maybe it's just me, but I was more depressed than pissed.

"whackin' a surly bartender ain't much of a crime"

The least they could do is show some respect. I've shed a tear or two looking at the names on that wall. I don't know them but I'm thankful for what they did.

You should have slapped the chit out of her then told her to move to France. People are so oblivious to the world around them. I deplore the moochers of freedom.
4abc76ff29b26fc1.jpg

Kinda sickening ain't it?

horsepoop.gif

Disclaimer:
The poster does not take any responsibility for any hurt or bad feelings. Reading threads poses inherent risks. The poster would like to remind readers to make sure they have a functional sense of humor before they visit any discussion board.

Wow, that's sad. I would have been in awe at the sheer stupidity. Someone needs a lesson in history. And how we got to where we are today

I'll tell you who it was . . . it was that D@MN Sasquatch!

DON......NORMALLY WHEN I HEAR A DUMB COMMENT LIKE THAT IT COMES FROM A YOUNGER PERSON (FEMALE)....THAT JUST DOES NOT HAVE A CLUE. YA.....IT MAKES ME WANT TO SLAP THE ZITS RIGHT OFF HER FACE.......BUT ITS A FUTILE THOUGHT AT BEST. FRANCE WOULD BE FINE......TAKE ER EASY.....YD.

Teenagers??, Illegals, HELL WE HAD FEDERAL BUILDING FORGET TO FLY THEIR FLAGS AT HALF MAST YESTERDAY!!!! That one is on Obama!

Government doesn't fix anything and has spent trillions proving it!!!
Let's face it...After Monday and Tuesday, even the calender says WTF!

I would of politely asked.....Do you know what Memorial Day is all about?....and if she would of replied in a smart-ass way...then I would of slapped the ##### out of her and the horse she rode in on...

I guarantee you she had no clue what the "holiday weekend" was even about.

That is the saddest part of it all.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom