Meopta Meostar 10x42

Hof

I have read some reviews on these and I think I might take the plunge. I found them online for $799. From what I can tell it sounds like they are on par with the Swaro's. I found reviews from people that have owned both and seem to feel that there little to no difference.

Does anybody on here have personal experience with Meopta? I know they make the Euro line for cabelas but beyond that I dont know much about them. Any body ever had to deal with their warranty department? I have had to save for a long time to be able to afford good glass so I want to make the right decision. I would be pissed if I spent $800 and still wanted to upgrade.

I'd save $100.00 and buy the Cabela's Euro's. Same glass, just rebadged and on sale right now for $699.99. IMO, the view is real close to the older Swarovski SLC's, Leica Trinovids, etc., but a small step behind the SLC Neu's, Ultravids. They're also not quite as refined in build quality. Once you try the focus wheel and see the diopter adjustment you'll understand.

I just looked at Cabelas and the Euro's were $799 which is what I can get the Meostar's for. I believe the Meostar is in line with the Euro HD's that are $999 (correct me if I am wrong.) I am not sure why but I have seen a few reviews that recommend the Meostars over the Euro's...

They've been on sale for $699.99, but that may have ended. I seriously doubt you'll find Meostar HD's for $799.99. The Meopta branded stuff has always been more expensive than the Cabela's brand, so it only makes sense that if the Euro HD's are $999.99, the Meopta version will be a $100.00 or so more.

Don't know how there could be any real difference in reviews because they're the same glass. Might be just a matter of one being a little better sample than the other.

Best of luck in your decision.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Great Deals at Camera Land

Camera Land - Optics, Cameras, & More

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics
Back
Top Bottom