Mightyhunter 2015 muley buck

mightyhunter

Very Active Member
This year I had one tag as a Wyoming resident. It was a general tag for deer. I didn't draw the sheep tag I had hoped for and my LE elk and deer tags came up zero. I like hunting mountain mule deer so I wasn't too upset.

Like most years, my hunt was DIY solo on public land with no ponies or ATV's. I am just a slow foot soldier. I took this buck in a drainage where I had taken a gnarly 4x3 during the 2008 season. I was able to located my buck because I glassed up a bedded doe on a hillside across from me laying in the shadows. I wasn't expecting a buck to be with her that early in the season. I could only see this buck's head and neck through my glass. He was perfectly hidden by a bush and a pine tree. I thought I could see a front fork on his left side but until he moved his head I wasn't sure. Because these deer were locked on me, I was sure I was not going to be getting the "Eastman" rack bracketing broadside pose. I shot the buck in the neck at 240 yards with a 180 grain Nosler Accubond. He dropped in his tracks.

The buck was tall and had good forks. He carried his mass all the way to the top. On the left side, his first mass measurement was just under 6".

Beautiful buck. He looks big bodied. Congratulations!

Eel

Guns are like parachutes. If you need one and don't have one you probably will never need one again.

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom