MM BL 4-1

ramtagless

Hey Guys -

Here are the results from the 4-1 weigh in.

Pretty good weigh-in for those that actually weighed-in. Seems some are loosing interest...dont stop now, now is the best time to commit. Soon we will know what tags we drew and it is time to get excited and start training for the upcoming hunting season.

If you did not weigh-in this time please be sure and get me your weight on 4-15, you slackers....

I am packing for a turkey hunt and can't comment on everyones accomplishments. Please have a look and shout out to some of these big losers. I am pleasantly surprised by the success some guys have had. Good work...

One quick comment. Broadside shot has already met his goal with a loss of 41 pounds. Awesome. What is he going to do now, rest?...nope he said he is going to start P90X. With weight loss there is a big snow ball affect. Once you lose the weight you have more energy and can move on to bigger and better things. Lose the first 10 or 20 and you will be on your way.

Commit to it now.

4113mm_bl_4-1-10.jpg

Alright, Here is what is working for me.

First off Is diet. I went extremely healthy, went to the doctor and got some recommends on diet plans. No bad carbs, no sugars, no processed foods, no fried foods, lots of water, Lots of fruit and veggies.

I would eat about six times a day, averaging about 250 calories a meal. Don't consume 1500 calories all at once and then don't eat the rest of the day, it messes with your bodies metabolism and puts it into reserve mode. I would eat at the same times every day. This was very hard for the first couple weeks. It takes a toll mentally.

Depending on how much excess weight you have will dictate how fast and how much you will lose. I had alot of excess and was at my heaviest I have ever been, That why it went fast at first. The tough thing is soon your body relizes you are losing and naturally wants to store fat.

Then comes excercise.

I have always been someone who likes to compete and go hardcore. At a young age that worked well but as I have got older (36) all it does is increase appetite and my metablolism is slower therefore the harder I work the slower recovery time which translated into lazy.

So now I do low impact excercises (I learned this from Randy Couture about training at his age for MMA). I like the eliptical on a medium setting for an hour to an hour and a half. I like the calorie burn program on the treadmill (basically walking hills).

It supposedly takes 20 minutes of workout before you start to burn fat so my theory was go for 60 to 90 with an easier workout instead of 30 hard minutes. When I am done with my workout I feel great, not to tired, not to hungry therefore it is easier to go back the next day. Recovery time is shorter.

It's not like I found some lose tons of weight by doing nothing this does take time but now that I am down to where I want to be I just make sure my portions are smaller and I am really careful about snacking and picking at food all day.

I haven't been adding muscle yet and have noticed myself getting a little weaker. My daughter is trying out for High School soccer and that is why I am going to be doing P90X with her. Hopefully I can replace what left over fat I have with some muscle and stay about the same wait. If so the Muleys won't have a chance.

It has also helped my shooting accuracy

Sorry for the long post but this is what is been working for me

Thanks
Jerry Slaugh

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom