model 7 youth syn.

fisrtcoueswas80inches

Very Active Member
my dad and i are looking at one of these in 7mm-08 for my little brother. my brother is not like my dad and i ( hes 6'5 330 and im 6'3 275) my brother weighs about 90 pounds (maybe) and is 9 years old, i am wondering what your thoughts on this rifle for him are?
casey

Casey,

Buy it!!! I bought one for my son last Christmas (he's 9 and 4'3" and 60 pounds) in .243, synthetic/blue. It's a sweet little gun. It's light, and the simms R3 recoil pad makes it a real pup to shoot. We went out to the range the other day to sight it in, and it put three shots you could touch with a quarter right out of the box. And the trigger pull is HEAVY. Anyway, the action is smooth, the gun is light, and I really like the fact that you can eject a shell with the safety on. In fact, that wouldn't be a bad feature for non youth models either. If you get one, he'll like it? though I don't know a lot about the 7mm-08.

Good luck,

WH

a guy i know has one in 7/08. he shot at a deer with it and went to see if he hit it. when he bent over to look for blood, both bullets hit him in the butt. but luckily it was a 7/08 and they just bounced off. made a good sized bruise tho.

c'mon, this is the shootin' forum. sposeta post jokes on the campfire. get serious.

330 and 275?? Christ, what do you guys eat???? And I take back any rude comments I might have ever made.

JB

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."
--Benjamin Franklin 1759

I couldn't roll your dad and you can benchpres him.......no wonder your poor little brother only weighs 90 lbs, ain't much left when you two move away from the trough.

JB

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."
--Benjamin Franklin 1759

lol he eats. he just burns all his stuff. yeah i think i got all the "size" jeans. i think he is more atheletic than i was but i was still a damn good football/bseball player. my dad was a good baseball player in hs ( he was around 200 lbs then)

Casey

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom