Monroe here I come

Extrema1

Finally I drew my archery tag for Monroe now the wait begins. Went and got a new bow and I think I'm about all packed. I have spent a bunch of time down on the mountain through the years and have seen a lot of nice bulls now I hope I can find one now I have my tag. Let's see some pics of your bow kills or just pics of elk on Monroe. Thanks and good luck to all

I had that tag last year and had an absolute blast! Scout hard and hunt even harder--even on this unit it's not easy taking one with a bow. Be realistic with your expectations as well--I'm sure there's a few toads left, but 330 to 350 with a bow is a pretty tall order. Good luck and have fun!

6109bull_resized_pic.jpg

Thanks for your photo and words of encouragement. I'm going with the
attitude that I'm going to enjoy myself and what ever happens, happens . I plan on being on the mountain a lot doing my home work. Plan on hunting even harder until I shoot something or the hunts over.

Here is my Monroe archery bull. Like was said above, don't let the stress of the tag get to you. Enjoy each moment and cherish the time you get to spend on one of the greatest hunts you will ever have.

5095dadelk.jpg

>Here is my Monroe archery bull.
> Like was said above,
>don't let the stress of
>the tag get to you.
> Enjoy each moment and
>cherish the time you get
>to spend on one of
>the greatest hunts you will
>ever have.
>
>
5095dadelk.jpg

I noticed your bull has the double sword too--like a lot of bulls on that unit. NOt a bad gene to have! My bull showed up on my trail cam the night before I got him and it was the matching double swords that sealed the deal.

LAST EDITED ON Jun-08-11 AT 01:47PM (MST)[p]http://www.monstermuleys.info/photos/user_photos/5108nate_ut_bull.jpg

Good comment about being realistic with your expectations. There are a lot of bulls, but not a lot 350+. I was on a bit of a tight time schedule and 320 was my goal at first, but after hunting 3-4 days I would have killed one smaller. In the end I was very satisfied with the experience and the outcome. It was a really fun hunt!

Thanks for sharing your photos, I would be happy with any of those bulls. Like I always say ( Being in the mountains and seeing what you see is the reward , killing something is always the added bonus)
Thanks again for your posts

Steve

There are a few of us from MM that have the same tag. Good luck to you and I'm sure I'll run into you on your hunt. I can't wait to chase some big stinky, bugling bulls.

Well I just got back from spending a few days on the mountain and am very impressed by the quality of the bulls I saw. And I have never seen so many cows and caves. Water is defiantly going to pose problems this and not for the lack of. It is going to be a good year to have a tag for all lucky to get one I sure feel blessed.

here are a few pics from my scouting trip had fun and saw a lot of neat things
8023monroe_elk_pics_022.jpg
4993monroe_elk_pics_025.jpg
1811monroe_elk_pics_024.jpg
3256monroe_elk_pics_021.jpg
9530monroe_elk_pics_008.jpg

7334monroe_elk_pics_015.jpg

5586monroe_elk_pics_062.jpg

Hope you enjoy and sorry about the quality

Great pics, hope you kill a stud.

Yak,
Doom and gloom? Dude reality is not friendly at times. The Monroe is way way down and those that spend a lot of time on that mountain have seen it fall. The other tred is only showing the loss of big bulls on the unit. If you are a hunter with a tag this year it is actually a better tred than this one. Point being if you are hunting the unit you better do your homework this year as the hunt will be tougher for a mature bull.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom