MonsterMuley Gratitude

S

smalls

I was recently on a hunting trip and stayed with a married couple. Being able to stay there for free was the difference in going on the hunt since I don't have camping gear and I can't afford a hotel.

So my question is, what is the best way to show my gratitude to these people who so graciously hosted me. Is there a traditional gift for people who do this? Does anyone have a favorite gift for generous landowners and generally helpful people?

I would have shared in the bounty of my hunt, but I wasn't succesful in harvesting an animal (my own fault). I really want to make sure they understand how much I appreciated their help.

Any suggestions would be great.

smalls

Send them a thank you letter along with flowers for her and a bottle of the gentelmans favorite beverage..or send them a gift certificate for two at a nice resturaunt in their area...Offer to come over during the summer for a couple days and help them with with any chores that might need to be done..

I'd echo what Kingfish said. Give them a call and offer to help out on the property. If they say no, send them a thank you letter with somthing like Kingfish said.

I like kingfish's idea about getting them a gift certificate to a decent restaurant. I'm sure that they would really like that.

Kudos to you for wanting to show some gratitude to them for helping you out. I'm sure that whatever you do will work just fine. Just letting them know that you appreciate their hospitality means a lot I'm sure.

$300 Is what the Going rate for Using Private Property as a "GIFT" .. But sounds like you can'tafford a Tent, So Just send a Thanx you card. Not dissing the situation, Jsut pointing out the Obvious. I'm sure they know you don't have much and A card is jsut as cool from someone that Really Apreciates something .

• [*] -Moosie
~~If you're going to walk on thin ice, Ya might as Well DANCE !!
WALK the TALK, Or shut the HECK UP !!

I agree. Do what you can afford (which doesn't sound like much...). Corny as it may seem, it truly is the thought that counts. How about sharing the fruits of the hunt? Make some jerkey out of your game & send them some....

S.

:)

Stanly Says...

"How about sharing the fruits of the hunt? Make some jerkey out of your game & send them some...."

The Origional Topic Said..

"I would have shared in the bounty of my hunt, but I wasn't succesful in harvesting an animal (my own fault)"

MAybe Someone only read that the Poster was poor and not that he didn't get anything either ;)

• [*] -Moosie

Oops.... My teachers used to catch me doing that crap all the time! :) Guess I should have read the post carefully....

Just send them a card! (or buy a cheap flank steak & make some jerkey to send them anyway!!!)

S.

:)

Or give the Lady of the House a Tube steak ;)

• [*] -Moosie

Gift certificates are nice but soon forgotten. I would get them something that they will remember you by. If you took any scenery pictures on your hunt then I would buy a $15 dollar frame and put the picture in it and send it along with a thank you card expressing your sincere gratitude. If you were strapped for cash I would assume that the people you were staying with would realize that and really appreciate anything you do.

Drummond

i second the memory part. that would be a good way to have them remember you. i would not take a picture of thier own property seeings how they live there but instead get them something from ur home area that is intresting so they remember you for you and not for taking something kool from their property. the idea of the gentelmens favorite drink is also a good idea becaue if it is an expensive brandy, it should last a while and they would have that for a while.
casey

Kingfish said it all. That would show your appreciation to both of em. $300 bucks might be a little overwhelming for both you and your hosts, especially if they weren't expecting anything in return. Give a gift of sincerity, there is no set price for that.....

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom