Montana Moose 320

G

godschurch

With max points I drew 320 the Grasshopper drainage for Moose.
The hunt is Nov. 15th through Dec. 15th. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

I believe Unit 320 is for the Tobacco Roots.....not the grasshopper. You might want to check into that before you waste any of your time scouting the wrong area. However...the Roots have some outstanding Moose!

This tag is for the Grasshopper drainage portion only. There is a little overlap from the normal 320 hunt area but for the most part there will only be one other tag-holder hunting for Moose in the Grasshopper drainage.

You need to get on the phone with FWP ASAP and find out what tag you have, and have them explain to you where it's good for. None of what you have said matches up with anything in the regulations, and the two units you've mentioned have an entire mountain range between them.

Sorry if I'm missing something here, but I can't figure out what it might be.

Ya I'm with Randy on this one. I'm from that area and have hunted it a lot. I apply for Moose in SW Montana every year and I have never heard of what you are talking about. 320 is the Tobacco Roots; I'm positive of that, and it is a ways from the Grasshopper (like 50 miles). Maybe you drew 330? I'm not sure what tag you have.....I'm not trying to sound rude, but if you can find out what tag you have and where it is good for; I can probably dish out a little advice. Let us know what you find out!

I'm a bone-head.
It's unit 324 the Grasshopper Drainage portion.
My bad...Thank you.

No worries. I don't know that drainage at all, but the units I do know around Dillon are doing really, really well. I doubt finding moose will be a problem.

Those late hunts sound really unique, and it's looking like you could be one of the last guys to get to go on one.

The mature bulls star shedding around thanksgiving, I'd be there for the opener if you can. The later you get in that time period, the less bulls you'll have to pick from.

Good luck, let us know how it turns out.

Appreciate the tip about going during early part of the season. I will plan on it. Be a shame to see what you know is a good bull that is bald. Anyone have any recommendations as to where to stay in Dillon?
Thanks again.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom